What's new

Kent BK8

Evening all! Hope everyones having a nice Sunday, back to the grind tomorrow :(

Im waiting on a Kent BK8 in black, got it for a really good price i believe.

I read mixed reviews on it before i pulled the trigger, people saying its too floppy, people saying its got an ok backbone, people saying no to facelathering, people saying yes to facelathering.

It will be my first High end brush and i am looking forward to it.

Anyonelse use them alot in their rotation? Pictures are welcomed! :D

Sounds like a good score. Nice to hear some getting things at a good price. Is the BK8 a big lad?

This is not my image, but i got the brush for £32, that good?

$BK8%u002520withJ.jpg

Last summer I picked up a BK8 for eighty bucks shipped. I regret to say I have not tried it. Thanks for posting, I'm going to bring out the DB scuttle and use the Kent tomorrow!

I got one of these off ebay on Friday for £32
I'm intrigued to see what actually turns up though :)

I have the BK8 and use it in rotation. It's very soft and luxurious and whips up insane amounts of lather. I'm very fond of it!

The BK8 is my favorite bowl lathering brush. It gets the call just about every time I am using a cream in a bowl or scuttle.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Floppy? Yea but you WANT floppy in a brush when you are applying lather from a bowl to your face

proxy.php

^ That pic of the wet brush, must be fully wet as mine does not have that much flop.

The pic below was with a Soack BLK8, dripped excess and pic taken immediately. As you can see it's not as floppy as your appears, but I think yours is a previous generation and may exhibit different characteristics.

Don't get me wrong, mine does not have backbone like a D01.

Last edited:
^ That pic of the wet brush, must be fully wet as mine does not have that much flop.

The pic below was with a Soack BLK8, dripped excess and pic taken immediately. As you can see it's not as floppy as your appears, but I think yours is a previous generation and may exhibit different characteristics.

Don't get me wrong, mine does not have backbone like a D01.

My BK8 is probably floppier than most. It is the older style (with the BK8 above the royal warrant). I purchased it used off of BST from a member who said it was too floppy for them :lol:

When I first received it I was not sure if I would keep it as it IS rather soft. The more I used it the less I used any of my other brushes. Now it is #1 among all I have for use with creams in a bowl. It is not firm enough to load soaps effectively so it is exclusively a cream bowl lathering brush and at that it is one of the finest I have used. Now don't get me wrong. I HAVE loaded soaps into it, its just not all that "happy" on a soap puck, even when I put my hand around the base of the knot to give it a little more loading ability.

proxy.php

I really like my BK8, probably my favorite brush. I use it with both Creams and Hard Soaps and until recently, exclusively face lathered. Of course it isn't as efficient as more scrubby brushes but I just sold my Chubby 2 in favor of the Kent BK8.

Great company to deal with also.

Top Bottom