What's new

Kent BK8

Just had my first shave with my £32 bk8.
30 second swirl in cella and I had a brilliant amount of lather on my face.
loved the fact bk8 holds enough water to prevent the need to add extra when face lathering.
Struggled with 3rd pass but a squeeze on the loft gave up plently to finish up
bk8 is a brilliant brush compared to chubby 2 best.

So another satisfied customer who didnt quite believe all the bad "floopyneess" hype about Kents. Great brush and a that prcie you really cant complain.

No idea why this brush is regarded as floppy. I think it has perfect attributes.
ill be interested in how it deals with face lathering from a stick. Dont know which stick to try it with first, la toja, valobra, arko, Wilkinson sword or euro parmolive. :)

No idea why this brush is regarded as floppy. I think it has perfect attributes.
ill be interested in how it deals with face lathering from a stick. Dont know which stick to try it with first, la toja, valobra, arko, Wilkinson sword or euro parmolive. :)

It WAS floppy. But I believe the current generation of these brushes have undergone a remake. Look at my BLK12. By every right such a HUGE mammoth brush should be floppy. It's not.
First photo as you can see is a fully loaded brush with water streaming out. Brush is just hanging in there. The second one is the brush given two light shakes (my preference in making lather) and no flop. So there has been major improvements from several years ago.

It is the perfect brush in my opinion as it stays bloomed while lathering cream and the bristles constrict when lathering soaps. A wonderful brush.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1391913113627.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1391913113627.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 131
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1391913131373.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1391913131373.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Just had my first shave with my £32 bk8.
30 second swirl in cella and I had a brilliant amount of lather on my face.
loved the fact bk8 holds enough water to prevent the need to add extra when face lathering.
Struggled with 3rd pass but a squeeze on the loft gave up plently to finish up
bk8 is a brilliant brush compared to chubby 2 best.

How long did you load for? I know on my BLK12 it was 45 seconds and I had enough for five passes with a wee bit of work but not much and by putting the squeez on the brush an additional lather came out for a sixth pass.

Last edited:
My teething 16 month old daughter afforded me 20 mins to shave today.
decided to face lather with arko and bk8.
I am so surprised at how well this brush produces, holds and delivers.
Absolutely love it :)

I had a BK8 for awhile and loved the feel of it, but I decided it was too big. At some point, I will get a 4 as I miss the feel of the Kent.

Nice! Facelathering is next on my todo list with this brush. Ill either use la toja stick or a palmolive stick :)

Soak the stick for 10 mins in warm water for 10 so it deposits lots of soap on your face, dont over empty the bk8 of its soaked up water as unlike most boar/cheaper badgers it holds the water while lathering.
I was genuinely surprised.
bk8 is a dream.

I just got one of these bk8 brushes.
The fit and finish is fantastic. This brush didnt even have that animal funk smell to it.
The hairs are soft.

My only possible gripe....it has a large bloom...not sure how i feel about that.

It also does not fit into that gray muhle brush tube.

I will try a few more different soaps before i decide if its a catch and release or a keeper.

So far it has worked great with cella and ppf black tea in the large container.

With a mixture of face painting and swirling I get the tiniest tickle of scritch

I've been waffling about a Kent for months (variety for the stable, ya know). But I would not like any scritch, nor nuance of it, so is this common amongst the new Kents? Would it be a disappointment from my Savile Row, Thaters, Shavemacs, and TGN 2-bands?

I got mine a couple of months ago. It's a phenomenal brush, and the softest one I own. I don't feel any scritch at all. I'm not the one who coined this phrase, but it feels like lathering with a cloud.

I've bought and sold many high quality, expensive brushes. The BK8 has stood the test of time in my own den. Great brush, especially the newer version of it.

brucered

System Generated
I've been waffling about a Kent for months (variety for the stable, ya know). But I would not like any scritch, nor nuance of it, so is this common amongst the new Kents? Would it be a disappointment from my Savile Row, Thaters, Shavemacs, and TGN 2-bands?

Kents have no scritch at all, neither does my Saville Row Finest Silvertip, my Thater had zero either. All three of these are known for being pillowy soft.

TGN and Shavemac will depend on which knot you get.

Kents have no scritch at all, neither does my Saville Row Finest Silvertip, my Thater had zero either. All three of these are known for being pillowy soft.

TGN and Shavemac will depend on which knot you get.

OK, you have my attention. Many thanks. You just may have swayed me to pull the trigger on a Kent in the very near future.

In no way would a Kent seem out of place in such company. I highly enjoy my BK8 in a very distinguished rotation.

Geoff Anderson 2 band, Shavemac D01 3 band, M&F Chief, Kent BK8, Pur Tech synthetic and Simpsons butterscotch with TGN 2 band​

Comparison here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/397957-Big-brushes-shootout-(pic-heavy)

Last edited by a moderator:

brucered

System Generated
I just used my new Kent 2008 LE B&B Brush, short loft, triple stuffed and don't think it gets any better.

If they'd expand their handle choices and offer a variety of lofts, they'd have a much larger share of the Luxury Shave Brush market.

Top Bottom