What's new

My New Metropolitan

Why would she use a Pelikan converter? I'd stick with either a cartridge or the original Pilot squeeze converter. Make sure that the cartridge or converter is firmly seated in the pen. It should be pretty tight. If it continues to leak, there may be something damaged...a crack or hole that allows air into the pen.
I recently learned that the European version of the Metropolitan (which is called the MR) uses standard international cartridges/converters instead of the Pilot proprietary ones. The Pelikan converter would fit one of those pens.

Aha!
That'd be why then.

To answer an earlier question, the MR over here ships with just a cartridge. I've bought two as gifts, one came in a nice plastic slidy box, the other a metal tin with Pilot embossed on it. Both times, just pen and cartridge.

I picked up another black fountain pen and a matching gel rollerball from JetPens; they say that they will arrive Thursday.

If you decide to pick up a 78G in the future, James, think about the B nib. It is a very good stub nib for the price and will even fit your Metropolitan if you want to try it.

78g with b nib might be my next pen. How the heck do you take the nib off of the metro? I've tried and tried and can't get it off!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
78g with b nib might be my next pen. How the heck do you take the nib off of the metro? I've tried and tried and can't get it off!

I'd leave it alone, it isn't really meant to be disassembled. To exchange it with a 78G nib the best way is to switch the entire grip section which includes the nib/feed.

Top Bottom