What's new

What do you do for a career? Why do you shave everyday?

NP in the ED.... Ditto to all the above comments on professionalism. Also, a big ditto on the centering and self-reflection comments. It puts me in a better place before walking through the doors into the Emergency Department.

I'm a delivery driver for a rather lovely coffee company, and while regular shaving isn't required I do it (now that I have a DE razor) because it's enjoyable. My secondary reason though is I absolutely despise how I look with a mustache. I always seem to miss this large spot around my chin though, and have for many years.... And I'm never getting rid of that goatee!

Funny (yet sad) part to me is that the only person at the office who really noticed was my supervisor, and that's because he noticed I didn't have any stubble at all on a Wednesday - I used to only shave once a week when I was using a cartridge razor because man did I ever get a ton of razorburn no matter which cartridge I had tried. At least several of my customers noticed immediately ^_^

Nice. As long as the customers notice that's awesome. And if they are hot looking females even better.

I think I posted previously but I'm a computer technician working for a school and I like to be clean shaved. I on occasion won't shave for like 3-5 days and then female coworkers will say you haven't shaved or say you look scruffy. So I try to shave every other day as my beard doesn't grow that fast.

I am an Electromechanical Engineering major who currently works at a grocery store. I shave daily because it's important to look professional no matter what the job and the ladies on campus like a smooth shave.

Nice. As long as the customers notice that's awesome. And if they are hot looking females even better.

I'll playfully say I'm the wrong guy to be able to judge whether a woman is hot or not ^_^ I'm also usually too busy moving towards storage areas or kitchens to put away product to pay attention to eye candy. Some would say this is a pity, I tend to look at it as "I have the 2nd largest area for delivering into area-wise, but it isn't the busiest for deliveries... And I'm pretty much the backup for the other four drivers" kind of way. But yes, my Wednesday and especially Thursday customers that I talk with on a regular basis definitely noticed. I'm also going to be able to have a short talk about DE razors with one of my every three week customers on Thursday as her husband switched to such several years ago and I had mentioned how I just couldn't wait for my first ItalianBarber order to come in. The past two fridays none of my customers really noticed because I was really hoofing it due to the short week we had.

Now if only I could decide on which blade I like the most!

Pacemaker / Deibrillator technicial service rep. I don't shave every day, but 4-5 days a week. I spend my time in operating rooms, emergency rooms, and Cardiology offices.

Physical Therapist specializing in orthopedics. Typically I shave 4-5 days per week. Since starting wet shaving it has been more 6-7 days per week since I actually love shaving now.

I am a retired COP, have been retired from the force for 17 years but did not stop actually working until about a year ago. Since I was a uniformed police officer I had to shave everyday to pass the daily inspection. Now I want to shave everyday because of my joy of the action and to pass the wife of 45 years much more stringent inspection.

I have a question for those of you out there who are retired, when you finally retire and have nothing to do all day, how do you know when you are finished?

I'm actually a stay at home dad now, and I try to shave every other day. Being a dad to my beautiful little girl and seeing her grow and learn every single day is the greatest thing that is ever done in my entire life.

I am a retired COP, have been retired from the force for 17 years but did not stop actually working until about a year ago. Since I was a uniformed police officer I had to shave everyday to pass the daily inspection. Now I want to shave everyday because of my joy of the action and to pass the wife of 45 years much more stringent inspection.

I have a question for those of you out there who are retired, when you finally retire and have nothing to do all day, how do you know when you are finished?

The secret is to keep busy. I have been retired for more than 10 years and keep busy every day. It's just busy takes a different form be it fishing, photography, travel, working around the house, reading, pursuing new interests you always wanted to but was too busy working.

I know I am finished whenever I feel like quiting for the day!

Until recently I was a public school teacher. But I got transferred to a school in a really bad neighborhood and decided to resign at the end of last semester. Was miserable. Now I'm a gallery attendant at a local museum. When summer starts to roll around I'll probably start applying at different school districts again. Though I'm toying with the idea of grad school.

No regrets.

I'm a substitute teacher working in county classes with special needs and at risk youth. Will either go back to school soon for my teaching credential or to finish grad school, or maybe a career outside education. Who knows? Either way, I try to look well groomed, even with my beard.

I'm a retired civil servant. I've always wet shaved daily because I cannot abide the scratchiness of beard stubble. Now I have the time, I luxuriate in a slow DE shave every morning, which sets me up for the day ahead.

I'm a registered nurse during the week in a supervisory role which calls for a clean shaven face. So, I shave daily and it wasn't until I found wet shaving that I began enjoying my shaves. No more toilet paper face for me for over 2 years now. The shaves keep getting better due to information given in the forums at B&B.

I work in advertising, as a creative director. It's relatively important to look well put together. I find that a good shave ever day keeps me looking sharp (and somewhat younger)

Industrial Account Manager (AKA on the road salesman with management responsibilities ) specializing in sales to the DOD (Department of Defence).

Even if I did not enjoy being well groomed I would still have to be for my profession.

At least I am not expected to wear a suit at all times.

Still stuck with the tie though.

I am a nurse manager-although not involved in direct care since 2012- I author and manage patient Master Treatment Plans for a division of a large psychiatric hospital in Butner, North Carolina. Therefore, because I attend, manage, and schedule these plans so that the hospital can remain compliant with all of the various overseeing organizations such as JCAHO and the North Carolina DHHS, I am duty bound to look the part. Being well-groomed is also a witness to our patients, something that I also taker seriously. Besides-it allows me to introduce others to the art of the vintage Gillette Super Speed shave. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

I am a wholesale rep for a large apparel company and while I interact with clients every other day, most of my work is done via email and the office dress code isn't terribly strict. I however feel that it is just easier and neater to shave every other day than attempt to maintain some kind of well groomed beard.

Top Bottom