What's new

A bit of modern America

Stunning!!

Is there a list to American Pen/ink companies?

Not that I'm aware of. Modern American pen companies I can think of are Edison, Franklin-Christoph, Bexley, Gate City (sold by Richard Binder and made by Bexley I think... they have unique filling mechanisms), 1990s or so Sheaffers/Parkers/Cross.

The ink I buy is British, German, or Japanese.

-Andy

This is my only modern Sheaffer. It's a Connaisseur with a lovely, smooth-writing gold nib. I know a couple other B&B members have one.

-Andy

$P1100570.jpg

$P1100571.jpg

$P1100572.jpg

I've only a vintage Sheaffer Statesman Snorkel, and a Sheaffer 440 from Payton Street pens on the way. I'd love an Edison though. The red jade-like pens they make are stunning. I also love the crazy collier colors.

I've only a vintage Sheaffer Statesman Snorkel, and a Sheaffer 440 from Payton Street pens on the way. I'd love an Edison though. The red jade-like pens they make are stunning. I also love the crazy collier colors.

The Collier is a nice looking pen and is apparently their most popular production model.

-Andy

I just spent a minute admiring the persimmon swirl - gorgeous!

I hear the cap doesn't post on the Collier, which might put some folks off. Not posting doesn't bother me, and I've always like the look of that pen.

-Andy

Last edited:
Here's my last modern American pen. It's the 2013 acrylic Edison LE Morgan. This one has a fine nib that gives a nice amount of feedback. It's a favorite for sure.

-Andy

$P1100587.jpg

$P1100591.jpg

$P1100594.jpg

Top Bottom