What's new

Fifth Annual "One Blade in February" Challenge

Im in.
I have some NOS Gillette Bleue Extra in plastic dispenser. I have no idea where or when they were made, it does not say on the pack. But i have heard good things about them. I think i will use a NEW short comb razor.

I'm not sure what I'm going to use. Probably Dorco or Derby. I'd use a red personna, but I'm out.

I'm still debating... I have some Gillette Super Stainless (The Spoiler) that I would try. But what vintage razor? The spoilers didn't come out until late 60's and into the 70's but my youngest vintage razor is a '63 Slim. That may have to suffice. I suppose gents with early 60's razors were still using them when the Spoiler appeared. Any of you seasoned citizens recall using the Spoiler when it first debuted?

I'll use a Derby in February.

Today is my 27th shave with the same Israel Crystal. I'm sure I can get 31 shaves out of this one to finish out January. February will be more interesting with a "mere mortal" blade. Good beard prep is key--good shower, Proraso Preshave and taking the time to make great lather.

I'd like to jump in.

But I've got a Rimei blade that I want to try out and a 100-pack of Gillette Russian Green that just arrived - neither I've used before.
I'm not sure if I want to wait until March to try them out or to test out as part of the Feb challenge.

I think I will give it a shot with a Schick 66 and the 74 that is already in it (with about 15 shaves on it). We'll see how that works out, but I don't want to break a new one in.

I might give this a go with a Fatboy loaded up with a "spoiler"
I really only shave 2x per week and I bin the blade every Sunday
So this should be interesting
I usually use a derby, Astra sp or personna blue. But I got a pack of spoilers with a slim I have out on loan. There is one spoiler left

Today was my last shave before we embark on this! Got the gillette super speed loaded with a Durablade. This will be interesting.

I cannot hardly wait!!! I'm tempted to try the challenge with an Iridium Super, it almost feels lime cheating when trying it with one of the vintage blades.

What does everyone else think???

Justin

Easy. I get 20+ from Feathers routinely. I'll pop in a new one tomorrow for February. I'll be rotating between 2011 R41, various Gillette NEWs and an iKON Deluxe OC.

Blade will be...... Bolzano!
Razors: Merkur Progress, Pre-WW2 Fat Handle Tech, Criterion, Various Super Speeds

Should be fun!

Just dumped my Personna Med Prep into my Coors Light aluminum bottle blade bank. 5 shaves from it, starting new tomorrow with a fresh Med Prep.

Ok, I'm in. My strategy is occasional strop on a piece of leather. I'm considering this a baby step towards straights. If it starts tugging I bail, I've had enough bad shaves in my life.

On my dresser was this, last of a 5-pack:

$SDC14613.jpg

Currently in Paris on work but I brought the Derby with me, not going to miss day one! Looking forward to this.

Top Bottom