What's new

Name that blade!

I have another treasure I just started restoring, there's pretty much no way of reading the manufacturer's name, however there's a few letters still visible.

ER
LD

I'm pretty sure the last row is for Sheffield. The one before that... Wade & Butcher (maybe just wishful thinking)?

Anyone cares to guess? I think I will name this razor scarface...

$DSCF9277-2.jpg$DSCF9280-2.jpg
$DSCF9292.jpg$DSCF9293.jpg

Yeah the spine is actually very nice. I will remove most of the rust and call the rest "character"! Its amazing the edge is pretty much intact with so much rust.

I'm liking how this is turning out. The rust pattern is very cool and it looks like the edge is unharmed. It's going to look great all fixed up.
Watch out for the spine tearing into your strop.
How are you removing the rust? Soaking in CLR?
Oh, can't help you on the name but I think you're on the right track with the WB Sheffield idea...

So far I have just soaked it overnight in evaporust and did a quick cleanup with the dremel wire brush to remove the worst. I'll follow later with some 80 grit to smoothen the worst of it

Hmm the spine definitely has similarities with the Diamond Edge, but then there's definitely no writing on the spine (if there ever was, it was removed somehow).

Its been a long time, but I finally got around to work on this blade today. I really like it actually, and consider that the rust really adds to the character!

However I am quite annoyed as I just finished preparing a set of old horn scales but realized when I was about to pin that the blade is very off center, and it will hit the scale no matter what I do. I will have to make a set of scales specifically to account for this as the offset is too important. I'm guessing the rust ate the steel too much on a side or something.

$DSCF9455.jpg

Nicely done on the blade. I've got a big Fredrick Reynolds that looks just about the same, but I haven't gone above 80 yet.

Top Bottom