What's new

Favourite Razorock synthetic brushes?

Hello folks,

I use synthetics and I'm looking to pick up a couple of Razorock brushes. Thing is, there's so many of them I'm not quite sure where to start!

You have the Regular series, the Bruces, the Barbers, the Monster, the Hive, the 400 series with various handles and knots, the BC Silvertip just to name a few.

There seem to be different knots.. some are said to be Plissoft style, then they say the 400 is a bit more backbone, then the Hive has different colour anyways.. not sure if it's just colour, I think the BC Silvertip is different again..

Just curious if anyone could suggest one or two good ones to start with? Yeah, they're very affordable but it's just that there's so many options I don't know what would be the ones to start with, or if it even matters! Maybe they're all quite similar apart from handle.

Many thanks,

The RazoRock Hive 24mm Mokasoft is my second favorite synthetic brush. The only one I prefer to it is the Muhle STF XL, but at $12.99 the Hive is a better value for money. I have used other synthetics from Simpsons (Trafalgar, Duke and Chubby), AP Shave, Yaqi, PAA, Stirling and TurnNShave but those two are still atop the list of my favorite synthetic brushes.

I only have 5 or 6 brushes but my Razorock Plissoft Barber 24 is my favorite. Splays great, soft on the skin, decent backbone, holds a ton of lather. All that and at a great price too.

Get the Bruce.

Thanks for this! I'll maybe grab one of those.

I have the RazoRock Plissoft, and really like it. It has decent backbone, and is soft as a whisper.

Thank you! I'll likely try one.. maybe the Bruce or possible the Italian flag barber handle one.

The RazoRock Hive 24mm Mokasoft is my second favorite synthetic brush. The only one I prefer to it is the Muhle STF XL, but at $12.99 the Hive is a better value for money. I have used other synthetics from Simpsons (Trafalgar, Duke and Chubby), AP Shave, Yaqi, PAA, Stirling and TurnNShave but those two are still atop the list of my favorite synthetic brushes.

That's interesting to hear! I really like the Muhle STF brushes.. although I made the error of ordering a medium when I should have got the XL. I'm going to get an XL one soon.

I've used a few from Simpson synths also.. the M7 (platinum), the Trafalgar (sovereign) and I also have a Duke 3 and Chubby 2 both in platinum but not used them yet. I really like the PAA brushes.. I've all of those minus the Aerolites and the Solar Flare. For me, the PAA are some of the best synths for the money.

But I'm now very keen to try this Hive seeing as you speak so highly of it. I was initially reluctant as I'd saw a thread on here about the Hive where someone said they didn't like it but then as I read on almost everyone else who posted in the thread said they did like it.

I found the thread: Not impressed with RazoRock Hive 24 brush - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/not-impressed-with-razorock-hive-24-brush.614089/

I also saw your threads which spoke highly of the Hive! 🐝

I only have 5 or 6 brushes but my Razorock Plissoft Barber 24 is my favorite. Splays great, soft on the skin, decent backbone, holds a ton of lather. All that and at a great price too.

I'd been looking at that one too! If I'm not mistaken they make one with an Italian flag handle, 24mm also and seems to have the exact same knot.

The Bruce and the Barber both work well, and I really like the Bruce handle.

Thank you! Yeah, I like the look of the Bruce handle. It looks like it'd be nice to use. I actually had previously ordered a Big Bruce but it was out of stock and the listing was still showing in stock by mistake so the store refunded me for it.

If I could only use one brush ever again it would be my 400 Plissoft Noir, for all the same reasons that @Big_T gave (except it's a bit more expensive than the regular Plissoft, which I also like)

The only thing I'm unsure about with the 400 is the aluminium handle! I tend to link plastic handles for the most part as I mostly use ceramic bowls and it means less clinking! 🤭 From what I gather the original 400 with the butterscotch handle has the exact same knot.. well that's what I read on the listing for the special edition 400 Noir. It said it had the same knot as the regular 400 just a special handle. Then there was another aluminium handled one with a more regular Plissoft type knot too!

I don’t have any Razorock brushes. If you’re open to suggestions, look into Muhle synthetics. Their STF knots are some of the best out there.

I have one of these and I like it very much! Although I made the mistake of going for the medium and I think it's too small so I'm gonna order the XL and give the Medium one to my Dad.

I only use synthetics so I have quite a few of them various Simpson, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, Muhle, Omega etc. It recently occurred to me that I don't have any Razorock brushes despite their low prices and as I saw some good feedback on them on here I just figured I'd order some!

Hello folks,

I use synthetics and I'm looking to pick up a couple of Razorock brushes. Thing is, there's so many of them I'm not quite sure where to start!

You have the Regular series, the Bruces, the Barbers, the Monster, the Hive, the 400 series with various handles and knots, the BC Silvertip just to name a few.

There seem to be different knots.. some are said to be Plissoft style, then they say the 400 is a bit more backbone, then the Hive has different colour anyways.. not sure if it's just colour, I think the BC Silvertip is different again..

Just curious if anyone could suggest one or two good ones to start with? Yeah, they're very affordable but it's just that there's so many options I don't know what would be the ones to start with, or if it even matters! Maybe they're all quite similar apart from handle.

Many thanks,
My two regular brushes are the Monster and Big Bruce with the same 26mm plissoft knot. Both are excellent. My only other brush is a Razorock Blondie 26mm boar for when I want more scritch.

I have 3 Razorock 400's that were described as having different knots and a F-400 and all of the knots feel the same, just colored different and one is massive at 34mm. I was under the impression that all of their synthetics knots were essential the same minus color and diameter.

Top Bottom