What's new

Tobacquisitions for January 2014

@robster

This guy makes a nice pipe man. Smokes really really cool with those fat walls, packs a TON of baccy and has a nice draw. He'll do a custom for 100 bucks and he'll cover shipping. I have him making me one now.

Gonna be similar to this one with a marble bit and green rings.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389620329.931340.jpg

Edski, yes I do! It was on sale during December, so I ordered a few tins a week. This was my Dec 31 order.
Professor, just a pound each. Those are the "best of the rest" value bags from P&C. Of the six bags of BOTR I have ordered, none yet have been anything less than pleasant.

Professor, just a pound each. Those are the "best of the rest" value bags from P&C. Of the six bags of BOTR I have ordered, none yet have been anything less than pleasant.

Nice find!
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/75880/best-of-the-rest/#p-119494
That sounds like something I'd feel good about ordering, and actually I do the same thing...I put out some to dry before smoking, then whatever's left over gets mixed up with leftover bits of others (and non-leftovers from one blend that is too sickly sweet for me) and I always like the mixtures.

So if you order a few bags in one order do you get the same blend in each bag or do you end up with each bag being different? Do they label what went into it or is it just a totally unidentified casserole?

How the heck do you even use up that much? I imagine you cellar a lot of it and don't order often.

CI order came in today.

Box of Black Crown Robusto + Bugatti lighter for extra $5

17 big Gurkhas from a mega-sampler + cigar cutter for extra $0.01

2 humicare sticks

2 20-count humidors (on clearance for $12.50 each!!!) great little humidors for the money, already have two of them. Get 'em while they last as they say.

Free xikar lighter

$CI Haul.jpg

Nice find!
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/75880/best-of-the-rest/#p-119494
That sounds like something I'd feel good about ordering, and actually I do the same thing...I put out some to dry before smoking, then whatever's left over gets mixed up with leftover bits of others (and non-leftovers from one blend that is too sickly sweet for me) and I always like the mixtures.

So if you order a few bags in one order do you get the same blend in each bag or do you end up with each bag being different? Do they label what went into it or is it just a totally unidentified casserole?

How the heck do you even use up that much? I imagine you cellar a lot of it and don't order often.

From what I understand, no two bags are the same.

So, I got home tonight after being away for a bit and had a bunch of goodies waiting for me.

- eGo-C Twist 1100 mah battery & charger
- Vivi Nova tank
- Mini Protank II tank
- Flavorz by Joe: Papa Smurf & She Said Yes (both 50/50, 15 mL, and 18 mg)
- Mt Baker Vapor: Butter Pecan, Coumarin Pipe, Green Apple, Hawk Sauce, Latakia, Solar Flare, & Thug Juice (all 20/80, 15 mL, and 18 mg) with a free throw in of Cucumber Mint *gag*
- Sorringowl & Son's tobacco mat in British tan

Last edited:
Nice find!

From what I understand, no two bags are the same.
Edski is accurate, they all are different and never labeled. Sometimes they are layered, and I can identify different tobaccos almost like rock strata... other times they mix them up pretty well.
As far as purchase and usage goes just for the pipe: My books show over the past year about 5lbs a month incoming. That is entirely comprised of single blend bulk or tins and does not include the 6 bags of multi-blend BOTR... though it does include a smattering of unblended tobaccos. I touch flame to leaf rather rarely, an average somewhere shy of one bowl a week.

:lol: Over here a pound of baccy would cost approx. $150. And that is Pensioners Mix (so best of the rest).
That is precisely why I am buying so much now. I'd rather buy $5k worth of tobacco now that I will never touch than have to pay $135 in tax bloat for a pound of tobacco later.

So, I got home tonight after being away for a bit and had a bunch of goodies waiting for me.

- eGo-C Twist 1100 mah battery & charger
- Vivi Nova tank
- Mini Protank II tank
- Flavorz by Joe: Papa Smurf & She Said Yes (both 50/50, 15 mL, and 18 mg)
- Mt Baker Vapor: Butter Pecan, Coumarin Pipe, Green Apple, Hawk Sauce, Latakia, Solar Flare, & Thug Juice (all 20/80, 15 mL, and 18 mg) with a free throw in of Cucumber Mint *gag*
- Sorringowl & Son's tobacco mat in British tan

lol My MTBaker juice order also included the cucumber mint as a free sample.. and my reaction is the same as yours to it. Simply horrid...

I haven't even tried it. I just can't imagine it possibly being even slightly appealing.

I loathe cucumber as a food, so I'm not trying it. My buddy tried it on his drip tip carto and said it was pretty horrid, and he doesn't hate cucumber over all.

The list of juices I picked up:
Cotton Candy
Mojito
Bahama Mama (*custom blend I had them mix up)
Cream Soda
Zebra Stripe Gum
Fruity Hoops
Grape

I loathe cucumber as a food, so I'm not trying it. My buddy tried it on his drip tip carto and said it was pretty horrid, and he doesn't hate cucumber over all.

The list of juices I picked up:
Cotton Candy
Mojito
Bahama Mama (*custom blend I had them mix up)
Cream Soda
Zebra Stripe Gum
Fruity Hoops
Grape

Ditto. I hate cucumber with a passion.

I checked the reviews out and they're actually positive. I guess that just goes to show you how different people's tastes are.

Ditto. I hate cucumber with a passion.

I checked the reviews out and they're actually positive. I guess that just goes to show you how different people's tastes are.

Random observation... I love how YMMV is not only accepted on this forum, but actually celebrated. You don't find that in many places, especially on the internet.

Top Bottom