What's new

My humble request. BK124tt, show us around the firehouse?

For those of you who have been in the brown leaf forum, you've seen the pics that Brian post with his pipes. They usually have something from the firehouse in the background. I always find myself wondering what else is in there and what it looks like. I'm a picture guy, I really like looking at pictures and paintings, especially of places that I've never been or will get the chance to go.

Anyhoo, Brian, if you would like to post some pics of where you work I think a lot of us would like to see it. I don't know the protocol of whether or not you can do that legally so, if you need to, just tell me to kick rocks ( it won't hurt my feelings :) ).

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
For those of you who have been in the brown leaf forum, you've seen the pics that Brian post with his pipes. They usually have something from the firehouse in the background. I always find myself wondering what else is in there and what it looks like. I'm a picture guy, I really like looking at pictures and paintings, especially of places that I've never been or will get the chance to go.

Anyhoo, Brian, if you would like to post some pics of where you work I think a lot of us would like to see it. I don't know the protocol of whether or not you can do that legally so, if you need to, just tell me to kick rocks ( it won't hurt my feelings :) ).
Rockminer:
proxy.php
...I'd like to see them too (I just love fire stations and the men and women who 'man the line') Brian!
proxy.php

Remember when you were a child, riding your bike with your ‘peeps’, chasing fire trucks and ambulances (lights and sirens blazing), around town? Or just hanging out at the fire station (and you were on first name basis with most of the crew), eye’s like 'saucers', when they let you sit in the rigs (my favorite spot was in the 'tiller’s position at the back end of the 'hook & ladder' truck)? That was me and my BFF's. ​$hook_and_ladder_fire_truck_post_cards-r79123bb38db94e849b25d67b8161f66a_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

Still to this day, I’m still fascinated with fire stations and first responder rigs (and their equipment like the 'jaws of life', pumper gauges and what every fireman wears [boots, pants coat,ect..], on runs), and I always take my grandkids (with their eye’s like 'saucers'), to our local fire stations to learn and explore. OK..I sometimes go myself when I'm out 'walking my cigar', but kids (and adults), the world over love how the station parks the rigs half way out of the station [like shark snouts]…hence displaying to the public; "Hey…come on in and have a 'looky-see' because we’re ready for the next emergency".

During one visit not long ago, my grandson and I learned that modern stations (I've heard and seen [on-line], many two-story firehouses are turned into private residences), are one story (scratch the traditional chute & fire pole). Why? Because Fire Associations had found that there were too many broken ankles coming down the pole
proxy.php
(I understand that slides
proxy.php
are used now).

I admit I still turn my head and watch the rigs (and law enforcement), navigate and weave ‘in & out’ of traffic; whispering to myself and admonishing other drivers to 'make a hole and make it wide'. Recently, no joke, while sitting in traffic, I clearly heard a Virginia ‘statie’ get on her loudspeaker (besides lights, siren and horn blazing), reminding slow drivers to heed and "Move your vehicle"!!!

proxy.php
"A fire department is made up of amazing people...and I greatly respect them all". CBJ

Last edited:
Wow! A request to me..... I am flattered. Thank you for the interest!
First I would never tell you fine gents to kick rocks! Unfortunately as you kind of guessed I really can't take specific photos. Any of the photos I do take, believe it or not I am kind of careful not to really show much of anything.
The FDNY is an agency targeted by bad guys! So with safety in mind I respectfully must decline! I will continue some random pics of things that anyone could photograph from the street however!

Whiskey Badger, I can assure you that a machine like that does not exist in today's Fire Dept. in these parts! I have seen a lot change in my 20 year career. Mind you I'm not saying it ever existed..............:). Today in a Dept this size (with good reason) we are subject to random drug screenings and things along those lines.

I can can assure you I've seen a lot over my 20 year career, but being a Fireman with the FDNY is the greatest job in the world!

if you ever find yourself in Brooklyn, NY give me some notice ([email protected]) and I can do better than pictures!

Top Bottom