What's new

My Morals are Being Tested....

duke762

Rose to the occasion
On my route to work is a defunct YMCA that will eventually be torn down. The scrappers, and homeless have been busy breaking in and stealing any wiring they can get to. But I noticed some beautiful slabs of quartz, on the sides of the building. I seem to have a thing for quartz in general and I always find room in my pockets for pretty rocks. This blew my mind!

A little hammer and chisel work could yield some beautiful stone for a lapping plate or a stone base for hones. I'm talking 2 inches thick. You just don't see much quartz around here and I have never seen anything like this! Quite flat, very translucent. OMG, if this was Novaculite, it would be worth a small fortune. Just too dang pretty for the land fill. Reduce, reuse, recycle.....

It's probably not legal but, I think I'm going to go for it..... just too nice to go to waste.....what a beautiful kitty tombstone it would make....... I'll be discrete......they'll never take me alive...

Look what HAD has done to me. I'm willing to take risks for pretty rocks and hone shaped objects. Theft and vandalism, the ugly side of HAD.

Legion

Staff member
It probably wont go to waste. Around here, any building with old or unusual materials and fixtures that are pulled down have the wood, stone, tiles, ect salvaged and resold. There is actually a fair bit of money in it, reselling to people trying to do period renovations and so on.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
If you've posted this looking for opinions I think it might be time to "rise to the occasion," so you can live up to your B&B moniker.

HomeDepot, etc. have quartz countertop samples for cheap. I suspect if you contact countertop installers you might find larger pieces for not too much money.

If you're determined to fail the morals test it seems more prudent to tempt fate with a considerably larger payoff than pocket change.

Climbing down from my soapbox now.

On my route to work is a defunct YMCA that will eventually be torn down. The scrappers, and homeless have been busy breaking in and stealing any wiring they can get to. But I noticed some beautiful slabs of quartz, on the sides of the building. I seem to have a thing for quartz in general and I always find room in my pockets for pretty rocks. This blew my mind!

A little hammer and chisel work could yield some beautiful stone for a lapping plate or a stone base for hones. I'm talking 2 inches thick. You just don't see much quartz around here and I have never seen anything like this! Quite flat, very translucent. OMG, if this was Novaculite, it would be worth a small fortune. Just too dang pretty for the land fill. Reduce, reuse, recycle.....

It's probably not legal but, I think I'm going to go for it..... just too nice to go to waste.....what a beautiful kitty tombstone it would make....... I'll be discrete......they'll never take me alive...

Look what HAD has done to me. I'm willing to take risks for pretty rocks and hone shaped objects. Theft and vandalism, the ugly side of HAD.
If it makes you feel better people have been doing terrible things for pretty rocks for a very long time. Search "blood diamonds".... 😆🤫

Yup, all that stuff will be recycled. Here locally we have Habitat for Humanity recycle stores where I have purchased large Marble and Granite slabs for $5-10.

And when demolition does occur, a 6 pack of beer can buy a lot of material from worker bees.

Reactions: Wid
Yeah That'd be my idea... Keep eyes on it and tell em you're interested in grabbing and taking away some of the quartz. Probably won't find anyone who can give you the go ahead and a price; but may get lucky.

Yeah That'd be my idea... Keep eyes on it and tell em you're interested in grabbing and taking away some of the quartz. Probably won't find anyone who can give you the go ahead and a price; but may get lucky.
I bet he can find a guy that says "just take it" so he doesn't have to tote that heavy rock. He'll tell his boss it broke and unless it's the owner of the company I guarantee nobody is getting paid enough to even care. I see it all the time.

From the few first pages of Plato's Republic, it can be construed that people without morals do have guilt free and happier (?) lives.

Top Bottom