What's new

All I Needed, Can't Believe this happened to my CH912

So Im dog sitting for a friend, writing out family christmas cards with my 912, when the german shepard decides she wants attention and jumps up on me. my pen went out of hand and landed perfectly nib down on a hardwood floor, giving the nib a beak. I tried gently to return it to shape, but the nibs gold is so soft it is hard to maneuver it, so i stopped before I made things worse... and now im out on my favourite pen nib for a while till I can send it out to someone to get fixed (Anyone know someone who can straighten,.. I know mottishaw can but rather not get in a 6 month waiting list)

hard to grab a pic but see if any of these show

$20131224_214123.jpg
You can see the odd light just below the tip, thats where it bent, and wont bend back into place for me.

I was already having the worst few days ever, way so over stressed as it was, this went along way to push me over the edge, not like I can blame the dog, I wanted to smash something but couldnt lol... I just went and hit under some blankets for a while. This is going to bug the heck out of me till I get it back in good condition finally. the last two days are two that I just shouldnt have gotten out of bed for lol, this one really hurt

Legion

Staff member
Sorry to hear it mate. These things happen, but I'm sure it will be back in working order soon. And until then, you can share the love with other pens.

forgot about Danny, looks like its only ten bucks plus shipping too, a lot cheaper then i thought it would have been

Thanks Tom, you sir are my holiday miracle

+1 on Danny Fudge. He's worked on several vintage pens for me and does excellent work at a very reasonable price. He's fast, also.

Another +1 on Danny Fudge.

He's done two 51s for me. One was easy - just a tune up, clean up, nib adjustment. The second was pretty major in my book - new nib (medium stub), sac, jewel, breather tube, yada, yada... (the pen looked like it had been used with a dart board)

Fast too...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Bummer on the nib adventure, but glad to read that there's a potential happy ending in sight for this story.

Top Bottom