What's new

PIF: Sheaffer Cadet

I'd like this pen to be a member's first pen, and this PIF be real simple, just like this pen. I'll use RANDOM.ORG to generate a number next Sunday night. Please send me a pm to indicate your interest, and I'll post the winner.

The pen is in very good working condition and perhaps fair cosmetic condition. I used it to experiment with applying heat to bite marks on the end cap. My heat gun raised the deep marks, now they just look like obvious scratches.The clip also moves up and down a bit, but is firmly attached to the cap. The pictures make the pen look better, so if cosmetics are important, this might not be the pen for you.

Now for the positive: it has a very smooth M (medium) nib, with a restored Touchdown filling system. The nib screws out so different compatible nibs can be used. I filled and used this pen and it works as it should. I think it would make a nice first pen for someone who wanted to try out a fountain pen.

I'll ship this worldwide at the first class rate.

Good luck,

jim

Attachments

• $SAM_0841.jpg
    $SAM_0841.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 202
  • $SAM_0847.JPG
    $SAM_0847.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 200
  • $SAM_0850.JPG
    $SAM_0850.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I would make a great first pen for someone. Thanks for PIFfing it, and good luck to all.

Last edited:
I'll give it a go if I may.
Would not be my first fountain pen, because in first grade they started us off with fountain pen's.
$220px-Pelikano.jpg
but it would be my first Sheaffers

Last edited:
I am in, I had used fountain pens before, I was young at the time, when my grandfather was around. When he died their use in the family declined as well.

Anyways, thanks and good luck to everyne

i would like to get in, I have one cheap chinese broken pen, what writes with upper side, but I like to write with that, even if it isn't really smooth :bored: Thanks for opportunity

Ok I'll join in. I don't have a fountain pen and have been lurking on the nib for long enough to be curious.

Generous and nice PIF! I'm not in, as I already own way too many pens, including a box full of Sheaffers. They are excellent pens and this one is a great introduction to fountain pens.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am not in, of course, but to those of you who are- don't forget to PM th PIFfer, as he requested.

I'm in. I have never tried a FP, and have been lurking here for a bit. I have been nervous to even get one, because my penmanship is so horrible.

This would give me a reason to correct that. :thumbup:

Thanks for the great PIF.

Ok, there were twelve members who wanted in, and random.org generated #8 as the winner. That number was: Businessness. Congratulations to him and thanks for your interest.

Happy holidays.

jim

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Congrats on the win, Businessness. Great PIF, Jim!

Merry Christmas to all.

Top Bottom