What's new

Titan Stainless Straight Razor

I noticed that there are two Titan models on sale on E-Bay. One says Japan steel ACRM-2 for 36.00. The second one is Japan steel ACRO for 70.00+. The seller is in Poland and I did e-mail him but got no answer. Is anyone familiar with this razor and why they would vary in price so largely?

I have the cheaper one of the two. A fine razor. The other one seems to have smaller scales and it might be made with a different steel. Maybe it is the same as the Bakkus.

Thanks for your thoughts. I would like to also hear from others. Any input would be appreciated.
Jerry1

I have the cheaper one, and it's essentially the same as a Gold Dollar but made with a higher grade steel and finished better - I'd be very surprised if they weren't ground at the same factory.

Mine was not shave-ready as advertised, but once honed it's fine as a shaver although the bevel angle feels a little steep (I haven't measured it).

But one thing I really don't like is that the scales are way too thick - it makes them heavy, and makes the balance clumsy in use. They should really be about half their thickness, and one of the jobs I have on my list is to sand them down and refit them - I can't see myself using the razor again until I do that.

There's an earlier thread here which should help.

Top Bottom