What's new

2014 Shave Purchase Sabbatical, The Year of Gentlemanly Shenanigans.

And the funny thing is that I probably won't actually buy it. I'm respecting Joe's wishes and not getting one of the initial release as I have not used a slant before. I may get one closer to the end of the year if he has another batch coming out, but not sure yet.

+1 I'ld like to get a slant but having never used one, I agree let those with experience get the bugs out and maybe get one later.

Don't go out on the slant! I asked Joe how he felt about a pass around if I were to purchase the slant this weekend, use it for a week or two and then send it out to some seasoned sabbaticalians to try out and he said he thought it was a good idea. I've used an ikon slant and a 37c so this should be fun to try. If I end up acquiring one I'll post on here to see if people want to pm me a list to keep track of that would like to try it and send him some feedback. For the sake of expedition I might limit it to 5 or so but it should still give some of ya'll the opportunity to give it a try.

That would be great Clint, I've never used one but would like to try then at least would know if I really wanted one, keep me in mind.

Go out on a slant? Never gonna happen atleast for me.

I crave symmetry in everything! I am almost a little OCD about it. I have a Merkur Slant, and the fact that the blades are... Err... Slanted... just creeps me out.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
day |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| ||

The chill from the past few days still hangs heavy in the air, stifling our spirits after the promise of spring. Despite everyone being safe for the past few days, there is the feeling that "something" is coming. The blood moon from several days ago was a sign of it.

Still in !!!! Going strong...loving my 50's super speed, Mike's Natural P&E and Osage Rub...I'm down to 4 soaps, 3 AS's, 3 colognes and plenty of blades...what more could I want?

My Gillette LC NEW (made in Canada) is now in the hands of nocutsnonicksnoweepers (Chris) for a nickel replate. That was the sound of me exercising my sabbatical exception. I can't wait to see the results as it's the first time I've ever had a razor replated. I'm #116 and I'm still in.

Two bottles, which will carry me through the year's end. Myrsol both. Aftershave was the only thing at the beginning of the year I didn't have much of.

Top Bottom