What's new

Razorock ABCBA Limited Edition soap review

I had a chance to use RR ABCBA this morning. Here is my first impression:

Scent: Marzipan. The name is bitter almond but I sense a sweet scent of honey, lemon and yoghurt. The scent, IMO is fantastic.

I used a pretty dry boar brush when I swirled ABCBA and immediately, a creamy pearl-like cream started to form. I face lathered and built an amazing three pass lather. Lots of glide and cushion.

What I noticed most is that the finish is one of the best of almond soft soaps. My skin was not dry at all, even in Canadian winter.

One thing for sure, I am glad I got a limited panetto of ABCBA. Great work, Joseph!

I didn't get this one because I already have Cella, does it perform better? I figured I didn't need another almond smelling soap, maybe I underestimated this one?

i have a kilo of cella and got this anyway to see which is better. i LOVE my cella so im hoping it will be at least as good. i also like the r-160 its not the best but very nice and also a almond scent. personally i love this scent and if every soap made from here on out in my life was a similar scent i would be happy.

I like ABCBA a lot as well, I purchased a few 100mL samples when they were offered a few months ago. It's lathers very easily like a typical soft soap and has a nice almond scent. I get great shaves whenever using ABCBA, lots of slickness and protection with this one.

I'm not sure why, but my RR-ABCBA that recieved RELLY smells like maraschino cherries...but good. I don't know how to explain it, but since i grew up a few years next to a maraschino cherry plant (factory) the smell of them repulses me, but this soap really gets my olfactory glands happy! A much different than Cella.

I am still waiting on my package from IB. I have ordered some RR-ABCBA. I love there R 160 and i also have some p 160 and Cella. This sounds like it would niceely fit in with my shave den. Cant wait to try it out.

Broke out the ABCBA this morning with the Amici brush and had a great shave, I think I'll have to break the brush in a bit more as it was a soap eater!
I have Cella in the kilo and really like the "piccolo panetti" size that CiT and ABCBA comes in,

I used a 7 o clock OC razor with a new Rapira Platinum Lux. I braced myself for the AS burn of some Clubman but much to my surprise, nothing!

I attribute much of that to a great protective soap.

Looking forward to seeing how the ABCBA preforms in the hot scuttle next,

Is the Razorock really ABCBA?
Did Razorock purchase the soap and repackage it?
I hope they did, because I really like ABCBA and Razorock is easy to purchase.

it was a limited run. i kind of regret not getting an extra one now. joe did say depending on the demand he may run another batch again.

I was lucky enough to at least get one of the last ones from IB. But i will def hope that Joe will make another run of this soap. when i get my delivery in the mail yesterday the post lady said. Dam something smells really good in there. ABCBA and CIT and XXX.

I think I read that Joe intends on running another batch but it might not arrive until March or April. I was fortunate to get in on this and am very pleased with its scent and performance. I also have Cella but prefer ABCBA a bit more. I can't put my finger on it but if Cella is good... ABCBA is just a tiny bit better.

So is ABCBA a similar scent to Razorock Classic (cherry almond)? Is the scent stronger, especially when lathered up?

I had an allergic reaction to the RR almond r160. I was worried I would have the same reaction with this soap. Now I missed out.

Top Bottom