What's new

Parker 51 parts

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Where is a good place to get Parker 51 parts? No, I have not broken anything. I want to bend the clip so it stays secure in my pocket, and the jewel is being extremely stubborn. I watched a video on taking the clip off, and the person said that it is possible for a relcalcitrant jewel to shear. So, before I proceed further, I want to make sure I have a back up jewel. I like this pen too much to have it out of service for a few days.

Take a set of plastic jawed pliers and bend the clip up toward the top of the cap.... very slowly... jewels can be gotten a number of places... but kullock has the most.... he is also expensive

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ok, thanks. I will give it a shot, but I may get into rebuilding pens so I am also wondering about that and tools. Another rabbit hole :biggrin:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The other day, I almost had the pen hit the concrete floor at work, so getting this clip bent was becoming a priority. So, I wept a little, drilled the jewel out, wept a little more, then fixed the clip. I left the threaded part of the jewel in the nut, so I shouldn't have a problem with the nib drying out. I will be ordering a new jewel soon. Yeah, it hurt a little bit, but the pen is now secure in my pocket. I would rather break a jewel then break the whole pen.

Owen, You're getting a hug from a far whether you want one or not.

Now give your Pelikan a little hug so it doesn't feel completely neglected...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Were you unable to get the jewel off using an eraser?

Tom
I tried an eraser, gorilla tape, a little heat, and various other things. Someone on FPN said the guy who runs parker51.com has stuff that he doesn't list on his site, so I emailed him. I checked Kullock and he has some that will work, but I didn't see any gold jewels. I need to email him, too, just in case.

Top Bottom