What's new

Winter Time At Badger and Blade

MWF feels great on your face in the winter, but I dont like to fight with it for a good lather, so Tabac wins out. DR. Harris Marlboro and AOS Sandalwood will get plenty of use, and out comes my Speick ASB which is a great finish to a winter shave.

Enjoy your holiday shave!

I don't change soaps at all based on season. I do sometimes use an aftershave with more moisturiZing though. Right now, I use a couple custom scented balms from Mama
Bear

proxy.php

As this is my first winter as a wet shaver, my fave so far is Mama Bears Dragon's Blood. Just ordered a puck of MWF to see if I am up to the lathering challenge! There is also the standby Arco stick, along with a tub of Proraso Red in the winter rotation.

Thought I'd bump this 4 year old thread. Interesting to see that most responded by listing commercial soaps in 2013. Only a few artisans like Mike, MB, and QVC came up with any regularity. A lot has changed in 4 years.

Stirling The Lounge, Proraso Red, B&M 42 and Taiga will be used more often this winter season. I'm new to wet shaving and this morning I tried keeping the lather warm by filling the sink with hot water and placing the mug in it. The lather stayed warm, however, I must have kept too much water in the brush because it turned into a very wet lathery mess.

Nice bump, snowman. I have noticed the same thing - a lot more artisan soaps populate the "best of" lists these days than they did several years ago.

For myself, I am putting away all of the citrus and floral soaps, and dusting off the bay rums, sandalwoods, tobaccos, and leathers. Love this time of year.

Nice bump, snowman. I have noticed the same thing - a lot more artisan soaps populate the "best of" lists these days than they did several years ago.

For myself, I am putting away all of the citrus and floral soaps, and dusting off the bay rums, sandalwoods, tobaccos, and leathers. Love this time of year.
+1, I love the changing seasons. Particularly autumn.

My got to soap in the winter is Haslinger schafmilch. In coming months AoS sandalwood and C&S 88 will get some play as well.

Yes, a worthy bump!

I have some Schafmilch pucks on the way from Europe. The artisans grew up in the past four years and can play with the AOS tallow type soaps easily these days.
GroomingDept and Wholly Kaw (donkey) are a couple of artisans that make very protective and nourishing soaps to aid the upcoming winter rawness.

They will be a big help to me here in Vermont.:thumbsup:

Soap Smooth Frankincense and Myrrh
Trumpers Coconut
Proraso Red (cream)
Catie's chocolate candy set (Feb.) and Gardenia (Jan.)
TFS Arancio y Spezie (Xmas)
Stirling Cocoa Forest and Ozark

Sticking with Tallow and Steel for the full year, too good of face properties not to.
Aftershaves, the more Floral or Barbershop Myrsols, Floid, and bringing Proraso back online. The oils in Floid and Proraso AS are great during winter and for whatever reason I like floral during winter.

I don’t follow any season I use what I use. Right now I’m hooked on Tabac and Stirling/ hot apple cider. (Just got yesterday) love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first "winter of shaving" so I'm not real sure what I'm going to be changing up at this point. I don't own a ton of products (and even fewer after I get around to a BST sell-off) but I've been using DRH Marlborough much more often and even the Burt's Bees aftershave balm is getting some use at this point with the colder weather.

lol I JUST finished off that stubborn ol' puck of Marlborough! Those Harris pucks stick around!

Top Bottom