What's new

H.I.S. brush, a unique brush.

[FONT=&amp]I have a H.I.S. model 1849 brush. It is made by the FM Brush Company. This is such a unique brush. H.I.S. uses very soft bristles that just feels so soft and nice on your face. The model I have has a 28mm knot and a 58mm loft with an overall height of 125mm. So it's a full size professional style brush.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The price on these are very reasonable. I got mine for just $35.00 on Amazon.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It feels so different than any other brush I have used. Very soft and comfortable. Anyone else love their H.I.S. brush?

$H_I_S brush.jpg
[/FONT]

You covered the subject well GDCarrington. The generations thread is very informative. Good job.
I really love this brush. Do you still use yours?

You covered the subject well GDCarrington. The generations thread is very informative. Good job.
I really love this brush. Do you still use yours?

Yes, from time to time I use the original and the one that was shrunk (which is a better version). The shrunk one was completed before the Muhle V2 STF was launched so the STF did not surprise me. Both are Gen 4 brushes, the Muhle has much better knot and handle execution than the H.I.S.

Both are Gen 4 brushes, the Muhle has much better knot and handle execution than the H.I.S.

You have me interested now. Please elaborate on this. Do you mean the shape of the handle? Which model Muhle are you talking about? I am not too familiar with them.

Last edited:
You have me interested now. Please elaborate on this. Do you mean the shape of the handle? Which model Muhle are you talking about? I am not too familiar with them.

Shape and size are an issue. It caused most people to have splay and mess issues when face lathering because they cannot be as precise with the bulkier handle.
Here is a comparison of the Generation 4 brushes side by side with measurements for clarification.

proxy.php

Shape and size are an issue. It caused most people to have splay and mess issues when face lathering because they cannot be as precise with the bulkier handle.
Here is a comparison of the Generation 4 brushes side by side with measurements for clarification.

proxy.php

Thanks for the info. I am tempted to try a Muhle but I'm not sure if I would see a difference between it and the H.I.S. brush.

I donated a NOS bowl and soap from H.I.S. for Men to the Sue Moore auction, it would have been sweet to have had the brush. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom