What's new

How many months or years of soap do you have?

Very conservatively estimating 3 months per soap (I shave daily, and I'd probably get better than 3 months off of most of these), let's say ... 17 years.

I probably have more soap than Quadricwan and will be turning 69 yso very soon------has my soap/cream addiction lessened any, NOT! I have new stuff coming almost every week, this is a great hobby or what?

I'm relatively new to DE shaving, but have been using ToBS for years. Now that I'm DE shaving of course I'm adding more product, having gotten a shaving soap or two and Truefitt & Hill & Proraso cream. So, probably 6 months or so.

On a related topic, do creams & soaps have a shelf-life? Do they start to cake, dry out, and/or lose scent & emollience? I am trying to keep things under control because I don't like clutter, but I'm also a little worried about buying a bunch of product and having it degrade before I can enjoy it. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on that.

Last year I bought 40 shaving sticks for an almost irresistible price (discontinued product).
38 still left, this alone will last me at least 15 years.
The salesperson asked me how many people I'm planning to shave. :laugh:

I also just started soap making. No shaving soaps yet, but this is fascinating and I need to hold back myself. You can easily produce a several lifetimes support of soap once you get obsessed with it.

I would roughly guess 8-10 years worth. Probably around 20-25 pucks, half a dozen creams, and most of a kilo of cella. Yes, I am a fool.

60 months between Cella block, Proaso Green, red, white, Razor Rock x 6, Various non descript 7, Panna Crema x 4 Arko x 3, Edwin Jagger x 2 L'occtaine x 2

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thought I had about 25, then I remembered the "Williams scare of 2015," and the ten more pucks acquired there.

7-8 years, I guess.

AA

This is a great question and tying to figure it out. I shave every day, maybe skipping one day on the weekend and it seems like the shaving soaps/creams I have are being used very slowly. So between the Proraso soaps (3), the TOBS soaps (2), the RazoRock soap, the CO Bigelow creams and the Stilrling samples (4), it is at least a few years worth. And I have my eye on a few more soaps/creams.

Top Bottom