What's new

Noxzema Lather Shaving Cream

I recently received this in a package along with assorted, hard to find menthol creams from a close friend. He says Noxzema is his favorite cream of all time and I can see why.

It smells very old school and medicinal. It also has a very pleasant cooling effect. It wasn't as slick as I would have liked, but it still performed very well.

I wish this cream hadn't been discontinued. It's always the best working items that get the axe.

Does anybody else have any experiences with it?

That was one of my favorite creams years ago. I loved the menthol feel to it. I used to fill a mug with hot water and put the tube in it. After a minute or two I would apply the now liquid cream that was warm to my brush and lather up. It was my way of getting warm lather.

I too tried it after it was discontinued and I really enjoyed it. It always left my face feeling fantastic.

$nox.jpg

One of the all time greats for menthol lovers,a fantastic lather,left your face feeling great.I still cry about the death of this one....

Yeah I didn't know they had one either, hum maybe I should hunt a tube down and give it a whirl but since it is discontinued
that'll be a chore lol. Humf...yeah some times good things come to an end, too bad really.

There was so much quality hardware and software available in brick and mortars for wet shavers years ago. That is why it has been deemed a 'hobby' today. You have to really seek it out and much has been discontinued. At least here in The United States.

This cream is impossible to find anywhere. My friend is now telling me that this cream was discontinued over 15 years ago. But the stores that had this cream were just selling left over supplies of it until it was all gone.

Lest we forget, this was the Italian,and last version...America had a tube of cream AND a stick at one time...long long ago..

That was one of my favorite creams years ago. I loved the menthol feel to it. I used to fill a mug with hot water and put the tube in it. After a minute or two I would apply the now liquid cream that was warm to my brush and lather up. It was my way of getting warm lather.

I've never thought about doing that. I figured the heat/cool cycle would be bad for the cream. Now I'm wondering if I should try that with my Proraso......

Top Bottom