What's new

Lmarkow's Chicken Diary

Thanks Victor, you're right, it's a 7/8s, fyi.

This morning was shave #26 with the Feather pro blade.

Anyone who claims to only be able to get a handful of shaves from these razors is smoking crack. period, full stop.

There is no way my beard is 5x, 2x, etc. wimpier than the fusspots here. period, full stop.

I concur Larry. I get upwards of 20 something shaves from the Feather Pro Blades also. I usually lose count after around 22-23.

Since I only have the CBJ that the feather's fit into, I can't compare since it's a non-folder, so my technique could be lacking compared to a traditional folding shavette. I also preferred the Dorco brand of blades in it, but I could dust off the CBJ and give a feather a test run with it starting like maybe this weekend, just for kicks. :)

Since I only have the CBJ that the feather's fit into, I can't compare since it's a non-folder, so my technique could be lacking compared to a traditional folding shavette. I also preferred the Dorco brand of blades in it, but I could dust off the CBJ and give a feather a test run with it starting like maybe this weekend, just for kicks. :)

If I ever am able to kill this blasted blade, I'll put the razor and fresh blade in the mail to you.

I just can't imagine killing one of these blades so quickly without the sink monster's help.

If I ever am able to kill this blasted blade, I'll put the razor and fresh blade in the mail to you.

I just can't imagine killing one of these blades so quickly without the sink monster's help.

I have plenty of the Feather Pro blades as well as the Dorco, no need to send out a blade. I'll still test with the CJB to start, see how many I get comfortably with it, then I'll decide if further testing with a different razor is needed. :) Thanks

I have plenty of the Feather Pro blades as well as the Dorco, no need to send out a blade. I'll still test with the CJB to start, see how many I get comfortably with it, then I'll decide if further testing with a different razor is needed. :) Thanks

So, are you one of these guys that kills a pro blade in nothing flat? Have I offended you above (sorry, if so)? I just can't imagine only getting 5-10 shaves out of these blades. This one is still going strong.

So, are you one of these guys that kills a pro blade in nothing flat? Have I offended you above (sorry, if so)? I just can't imagine only getting 5-10 shaves out of these blades. This one is still going strong.

I'm pretty sure I got 7 or 9 shaves from one, the one time I used a Feather blade instead of a Dorco. Which is 4-6 shaves more than I get from any DE blades, no matter the razor. lol I don't think it has anything to do with a beard being stronger or heartier than another. I think it comes down more to skin sensitivity than anything. The edges Sam gets comfortable shaves with feel super harsh to me, like a blade that is two shaves past it's prime, but they are completely serviceable to him, for example. That applies to his choice of DE blades as well as the traditional straight razor edges of his that I have tried out. When I am "done" with an edge and ready to move on, it's not due to it not shaving, it's the amount of irritation it's leaving behind along with the smooth skin. lol

Shave #27 on the pro blade. The alum did not tingle on a single spot on my face or neck. There is not a single missed whisker to be found. This may have been the best result yet from this razor. Some of this may be due to the soap, which was QCS's mysore sandalwood, but I'm beginning to think the razor may be good for 40 or more shaves. The Westerns are screaming in their sleeves, and even the normally stoic strops are spitting mad. Sandalwood Skin Food and Montale Black Aoud were the rest of my sandalwood and roses Friday shave.

Would someone please stick a fork in that razor?

The C box has arrived.
$uploadfromtaptalk1432315683427.jpg

Very nice Larry. That will give you some storage space! My big problem is that originally I resolved (and promised the wife) to not keep more than what will fit on my wall mounted shelf. It has space for 7 straights but I am at 10 (or is it 11?) now...

Here is a picture of it though quite a few of the items have changed out.

Attachments

• $20140720_234512.jpg
    $20140720_234512.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Very nice Larry. That will give you some storage space! My big problem is that originally I resolved (and promised the wife) to not keep more than what will fit on my wall mounted shelf. It has space for 7 straights but I am at 10 (or is it 11?) now...

Here is a picture of it though quite a few of the items have changed out.
I made that same rule for myself with 7 razors. It makes it really hard when your hobby develops into making razors.

Shave #28. A big warm scuttle of Proraso red, some TOBS sandalwood gel, and Bel'Antonio, and I'm ready for the cold! About 27* F this morning here in the Republic. Don't let the sunny skies fool ya.

So Dad was right: I just am never able to finish anything I start. I've decided that 30 will be it for the pro blade. It can win, I quit. I'll use it in a bit this morning, and again on Tuesday (Monday will be a Turtle shave), and then it wins. I will never know how many shaves are in one of those razors, as it's to tedious to find out.

Another chewed tootsie pop in my life. lol

#29: great too.

Last edited:
So, the Turtle has confirmed: I need to stop playing around with the Feather. There are sooo many great shaves waiting to be enjoyed. There just is no good reason to use them all up with the Feather. This morning I used the Monday Turtle with some of the slickest Tabac I have ever enjoyed. When I lifted the brush from the scuttle, a long, slimy, melted marshmallow stretched between bowl and brush, as soap oozed from the highpoint like warm honey from a dripper. This was the good stuff! I also used Tabac ASL, but finished off with Guerlain's Royal Santal. I wish I could justify buying this perfume. It is one of my three favorite fragrances.

And I'll pause here for a moment to give silent thanks, in memoriam. peace

Shave #30. Near perfect, still. I'm not sure if I'm going to toss the blade or just let it sit in the razor for the next time I get an itch. Each of the shaves, except one, was 2 passes, plus a quick clean up pass without lather. The one exception was a single S/N pass that was my second shave in a single day.

There's no way around it, these razors are great, if "dull," shavers.

Top Bottom