What's new

Badger and Blade on the radio.

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing it. More data documenting the rise of the traditional shaving movement.

The fact that a popular TV "star", Rick Harrison, is hawking a double edge razor to the masses, with the core DE story (classic shaving that's closer, better, and cheaper than cartridges, which are designed primarily to take your money) is a sign of the growth of the DE shaving movement. IdeaVillage, the marketing company behind the offer, wouldn't take on the product if they didn't strongly feel the market is ready for this product and message. Rick Harrison, who with his stardom from Pawn Stars must be getting pitched a lot of ideas like this, decided this was one he'd get behind.

Read Mantic's review at Sharpologist. His only real complaint was that it took almost a month for them to fulfill his order. He did point out though, that it's just a Weishi (or knockoff) made of cheap metal, and the whole kit comes to $33, which is perhaps 3x-4x what you can get the same stuff for elsewhere. I'll bet the delay was for two reasons: they start marketing these things with a small inventory on hand, to test the market, and they probably got hit with way more orders than they expected, and then had to scramble to get inventory to fulfill orders.

Many guys I've spoken with about traditional DE shaving have been quite fascinated and eager to learn more. People are sick and tired of shaving blade cartridge slavery, paying ever more for ever worse shaves. More and more guys are waking up and realizing it's a scam. And, that there are alternatives.

Last edited:
Facebook, Twitter, Radio stations next is the world!!!!
proxy.php

Seems to me we could to a "write in" campaign (well, email) and ask them to do another show on shaving. I'm sure a few of you local guys could help them out by going to the station with some gear to show them and explain the pleasure of old school shaving. Hell, I'd even be willing to be a call-in. :) I note that Brad & Bo's page on the WHYN website has their email addresses....
:badger:

Hey mantic, I don't know if they would do a whole show on the subject,maybe a segment or two. Who knows, sound like a fun idea though. Also just to let everyone know, I emailed the radio station about getting a copy of the program so I can share it here. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I will let you guys know as soon as i hear something.

Seems to me we could to a "write in" campaign (well, email) and ask them to do another show on shaving. I'm sure a few of you local guys could help them out by going to the station with some gear to show them and explain the pleasure of old school shaving. Hell, I'd even be willing to be a call-in. :) I note that Brad & Bo's page on the WHYN website has their email addresses....
:badger:

Hey mantic, I don't know if they would do a whole show on the subject,maybe a segment or two. Who knows, sound like a fun idea though. Also just to let everyone know, I emailed the radio station about getting a copy of the program so I can share it here. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I will let you guys know as soon as i hear something.

Maybe someone can PIF the show hosts a box of stuff or a couple of starter kits...

-Greg

I emailed the radio station about getting a copy of the program so I can share it here. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I will let you guys know as soon as i hear something.

I know you wrote, "I will let you guys know as soon as i hear something," but, any news?

Well done George!
That is one way to get the word out for sure.

Maybe someone can PIF the show hosts a box of stuff or a couple of starter kits...

-Greg

I'll tell ya what, if you can talk to the host and see if they'd like something I'd be glad to toss together a starter kit for one of them. My den is overflowing. Maybe they can discuss their experience with it on the air.

Top Bottom