What's new

Item of the Week 10/7 - Cheap Cologne

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hello to all.

This will be the thirty third in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.
The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The thirty third featured item of the week will be Cheap Cologne

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
what? no one likes cheap cologne?

I don't have any cologne but I have numerous cheap aftershaves. I'll play with those all week.

$2013-10-06T16-24-45_0.jpg

do these qualify?
all are (well) under $15, (mostly) plastic bottles and (mostly) made in NJ.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
View attachment 374124

do these qualify?
all are (well) under $15, (mostly) plastic bottles and (mostly) made in NJ.

I was under the assumption anything not designer named qualifies.

Then again there maybe be some of us that think Tom Ford is cheap cologne.

So whatever your perception of cheap cologne is qualifies.

I don't wear cologne, cheap or otherwise. I do have plenty of cheap aftershave, though!

I'll participate fully next week for Floid AS week. Have both Blue and Suave!

I'm in. I just got an order in from St Charles Shave for my winter stuff. Aftershave balms with matching eau de toilette scents.

i'd probably put Wendy's EDT's in a midrange category...glass bottles, atomizers, essential oils, small batches, various fragrances.
She probably under-prices. I have her Bulgarian rose, very nice.
Altho I agree, that even $16 won't buy very much at Macy's everyday pricing.
Go with it, I'll enjoy seeing see what you do and how you like it!

I didn't mean to imply that the quality of the SCS was "cheep". Hardly! From my experience, though limited, that's not the case at all. I was referring to the price point only in that I can think of no place that you can get a cologne or EDT for this price. Even Walgreens, cheapest thing there is $32 that I can see on their site (Calvin Klein EDT).

Today I was a good shave after a rough few days for some reason. Neck was still a little irritated from that and so I welcomed the chance to try out the SCS Aspect After shave Milk. Little burn yet soothing at the same time. Followed up with a few sprays of Aspect EDT. Nice scent. I will like to see the longevity of this today.

curious, so I ordered a couple samples of those from wendy, just to see what they are like. will report later on those.

No work today so I'm allowed to wear fragrances. I went with Bogart Pour Homme. @ $17 a bottle it would be a bargain at 3x the price. Bold, and smells like cherry pipe tobacco and vanilla. Perfect scent on this crappy New England day.

Used Brummel cologne by Puig today.

Picked it up for 7 euro in Spain, excellent scent and the wife loves it too...

Yesterday I wore Alpa Chypre, also a bargain under 7 euro a bottle.

Like the scent, but it feels cheap.

Tomorrow Alpa Fougere, and I also have some X-bolt (Boss Bottled-clone from the Lidl) and Brut. All cheap colognes.
I also have some Tabac EdC which I puchased for 22 euro, but as it's a 300ml bottle, I think it still qualifies...

Last edited:
Top Bottom