What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

... not just one, but two!

proxy.php

Star & GEM "Little Lidless Lather Catchers" :w00t:

I've never used a SE razor. I asked a friend what he might recommend and he suggested a GEM 1912 to start. I put up a WTB on TSD and a gentleman named @Omaney, offered this Star. I realize it's not a GEM, but from what I've learned it's pretty darn close.

Funny, but when he initially made the offer of "I have a Star I can send you.", I answered with "How much?" His answer was "For what? Postage?" It was then I realized he was offering this razor as a gift to me as a SE newbie. He also included a handful of SE carbon blades! Right now I'm using my custom fat boy until the end of tax season. Then this razor is next in line! I cant wait to to try it out!

$Star 1.JPG$Star 2.JPG

Last edited:
Got my first SE razor today. I believe it to be an ER 1914, looks in pretty decent nick. Any tips, advice for using one of these for the first time?

$IMG_2173.jpg$IMG_2174.jpg$IMG_2176.jpg

Thanks.

First shave was good. I didn't want to push for BBS though, not entirely comfortable with the blade angle difference so avoided ATG. The thing i enjoyed most about it was the noticeable difference in audible feedback, and yet i couldn't even feel the blade against my cheek. Bizarre. I can see SE taking over very quickly.

Paired with Gem SS and 30 Degrees Lemon Sandalwood.

Nice score! Especially considering that the black handled ones are somewhat rare.

--Bob

I really liked how it shaved this morning. Due to the lack of weight
I guess a much lighter touch was needed than what I'm use to.
It will become part of my regular rotation.

Top Bottom