What's new

Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless - new packaging?

Hi there,

I just received a new shipment of Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (Russian) blades, and the packaging is different than previous orders I have received. Is this just new packaging, or different packaging for a different market? I bought this batch on ebay from a seller in the middle east. Previous batches were bought on ebay from a seller in the USA.

Notice the blade is simply wrapped in wax paper, no more double wrapping. And only 2 (larger) glue dots instead of the usual 4. The text "Made by Petersburg Products Int..... " is identical to my previous batches.

Has anyone seen this packaging, and are they the real-deal? Thanks.

$7-OClock1.jpg$7-OClock2.jpg

Recently, the same happened to other (I guess all) St. Petersburg blades: no longer nice printed paper wrappers. I don't miss them at all. One step less to get them from the box into the razor, and yes, the glue globs are now only two and are now located at a better place (not near the edge)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have those same blades in the great blade exchange. they look legit to me. I'd say just new packaging. more cost effective probably.

Thanks for the responses guys. I really like the Gillette 7 O'Clock line of blades. The yellow SharpEdge is great. I have the Indian green Permasharps on the way, so will be able to compare 3 different flavors of the 7 O'Clocks.

The yellows are my favorites.
I thought I was buying Super Sharps but got the Indians instead. I don't like them much.
Ordering some Super Sharps today.

the only one i dont like is the green. the yellow is my fav, black being second, but my fav "gillette" family blade is the pol si followed by the gsb still. the yellow falls just behind with the black so far the least impressive imo.

Hi there,

I just received a new shipment of Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (Russian) blades...

They are the "real deal".

May I ask where you bought them from? I really like this blade and I am down to 70 at the moment, so I wouldn't mind top up my stash.

I was concerned as well. Thought perhaps I had been sold fake Polsilver SI's but then I noticed Gillette's purchased from Connaught had the same packaging and felt better about it. My most recent order of Perma-sharps also had the same packaging so it must an effort by Gillette to cut costs. Personally I agree with an earlier comment about preferring it. Less work to get to the blade and less waste going into the garbage can.

I think the St. Pete blades have changed their glue scheme. Many have reported the change in Astra/Gillette Green (same blade, different package). It's legit.

Top Bottom