What's new

Nui Shaving Cream

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
This thread is about the Nui shave cream made in Australia. The information was taken from the Great Southern Land social group.

Luc - 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM

I don't like doing this but when there's a lemon, I think it should be said.

I bought some Nui Shaving Cream before Christmas from Organic Beauty as my other half was also buying some goods. If we pay for shipping, I should pick something overthere.

I was intrigued by the Nui shaving cream so I bought the Clove and Cinnamon one.

Got it, scent is good. However, lather, :thumbdown big fat zero. I get nothing, I used my boar and silvertip, bowl and face lathered, all cases, no results. I even mixed for a good 5 minutes in the bowl, nothing.

I contacted Organic Beauty before Christmas and explained the problem, nothing. I waited to the first week of January and contacted the company that manufactured the cream. Still no answers. I'm guessing this product is to be avoided then.

Bushranger - 01-29-2010, 04:49 PM

have you tried hand lathering with it? I am finding I get a much better lather with Musgo with hands than with brush (pure or silvertip). I have noticed this with some creams.

Luc - 01-29-2010, 07:57 PM

Yup, did that, didn't work either. The cream stays in a cream format.

Luc - 02-04-2010, 11:40 PM

Got an email back 5 mins ago.

They suggested to use a smaller bowl :001_rolle and try again. However, if I want to exchange it or get a refund, they're happy to do that.

They will also send me some samples of their new shaving gel... I'll try that and I will email them after I try the smaller bowl.

It took a bit but the return is good.

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Copied from the GSL Social Group

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Follow up (or I should say, this happened before but in the same vein as I gave this a few tries) for the NUI Shave Cream from GSL again

Luc - 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM

I tried two of their products this morning. I got some stuff as my other half was ordering other thing and we needed free shipping :001_smile

I got the Aftershave sandal wood and the Nui shaving cream Zanzibar with Clove & Cinnamon.

http://www.organicbeautyworld.com.a...-clove-cinnamon-shaving-cream-226g-p-461.html (They don't sell it anymore)
http://www.organicbeautyworld.com.a...herbal-aftershave-120ml-sandalwood-p-527.html

I wasn't able to lather the shaving cream (they recommend to face lather on the jar, which I did) After 2 mins, not a single trace of thin lather.

Aftershave - Hello cheap vodka!!

I'm unsure about those two but I will need to work with the cream tonight as it doesn't work :mad3:

Luc - 12-08-2009, 02:48 PM

Try #2 - Well, not that great.

I tried more water, more product and after 2 minutes with my silvertip of mixing, I bearly got a white film. I can't shave with that stuff...

I'm not sure what I will do with it now... I might throw it out of send it back...

Drubbing - 12-08-2009, 11:02 PM

That's poor.

Just goes to show, it's hard to beat the 4T's (T&H, Trump, Taylor...TABAC!) and Proraso.

SideshowB - 12-09-2009, 05:44 PM

Sounds like these products fall into the second "organic" camp - the "product is so crappy that it wouldn't sell if it didn't have organic in the name" camp, as opposed to the "product is as good or better than the non-organic, but you pay through the nose for it" camp.

Drubbing- 12-09-2009, 07:56 PM

Organic is becoming a scam anyway. Given it's thrown around on everything from cotton wool balls and after shave, to vegies and fruit, until there's a regulatory body that can establish authenticity over what constitutes organic or not across product groups, then it comes down to the honesty of the producer/manufacturer.

'Certified' organic only covers fruit and veg. Even then in Aus, only 55% of 'organic' growers have that certification. The certification body plugs itself (as it charges for auditing growers and certifying them) and the organic concept, as a marketing edge for growers.

When there's a buck to be made, you can't trust them all.

Luc - 12-09-2009, 10:56 PM

I will stick to Mandom! :biggrin:

SideshowB - 12-10-2009, 02:13 AM

"When there's a buck to be made, you can't trust them all."

Words to live by, IMHO.

Top Bottom