What's new

Next step up from Cross Adventura?

I was in Staples today & I saw that they had Parker fountain pens & I was wondering what you gentlemen thought of them?

Thanx!!!
Charlie

Parker makes decent pens in various price ranges. Unfortunately it seems they are not as durable anymore as the vintage Parkers. I heard several stories now about Parker sections desintegrating after something like 10 years.

You can also step up to another Cross, like the ATX.

I scored a Parker Jotter and it is a nice little pen. It's only cheap but it is a nice top pocket pen as it if rather thin.

I scored a Parker Jotter and it is a nice little pen. It's only cheap but it is a nice top pocket pen as it if rather thin.

The Jotter (also called the Parker 15 in the past) is a great little pen indeed, and has been in the Parker line-up for ages.

ever thought of picking up a vise gift card to make an online order, it will open up a lot of option to you in a great price range

Recently I have been restoring vintage pens with quite a great deal of success. I have found some really nice stuff in the wild for less than $10 in need of nothing but a new sac >$2 and some TLC. I now have a Sheaffer Jade, Parker Duofold Jr., Sheaffer No Nonsence, and an Esterbrook Dollar pen all in really nice shape. Thats easily $300 or more of pens and I'm the whole ordeal for maybe $40. Check out some local antique shops and see what you find. All you need to fix them is a hair dryer, pliers, and a bit of elbow grease. You may end up finding it quite fun. I have even thought about passing one of the better pens along to fund more endeavors and save a few more pens.

Regards
Dave

Top Bottom