What's new

PIF vs passaround ?

The box came today. The first thing I did was shave with the Gold Dollar straight razor and my MWF. It was my first straight razor shave, and I didn't want to complicate it with a soap I'm not familiar with. It went spectacularly. No blood, reasonably close shave, no burn from my aftershave. But I did not shave near my jugular. I'm alone at home, and as I got close to that area I started thinking about how I could likely die if I slipped up, and then my hand started trembling... So I finished with my Gillette New. Great experience all around. I have a Solingen razor on order from Superior Shave, and now I have some practice! I'll post more as I try stuff out. I'll also be putting some good stuff in the box. Am I allowed to take anything? The only thing I'd want to keep its a brush. I'll put an awesome DE razor in there, along with some pre-shave oil and a nearly full bowl of soap.

The box came today. The first thing I did was shave with the Gold Dollar straight razor and my MWF. It was my first straight razor shave, and I didn't want to complicate it with a soap I'm not familiar with. It went spectacularly. No blood, reasonably close shave, no burn from my aftershave. But I did not shave near my jugular. I'm alone at home, and as I got close to that area I started thinking about how I could likely die if I slipped up, and then my hand started trembling... So I finished with my Gillette New. Great experience all around. I have a Solingen razor on order from Superior Shave, and now I have some practice! I'll post more as I try stuff out. I'll also be putting some good stuff in the box. Am I allowed to take anything? The only thing I'd want to keep its a brush. I'll put an awesome DE razor in there, along with some pre-shave oil and a nearly full bowl of soap.
Of course you are.

Hey all, sorry it's been so long since I've posted on this. I haven't had much shaving time either. Work has been nuts, dealing with emails and texts pretty much 24/7. I should have more time this week. A lot of the soaps I've used before, so I have a short list of things to try, and I should be able to send the box out again by Friday. Who's next? I'll send the PM tomorrow or Tuesday. I changed my mind on the brush. There's a rolls razor in the box I really want to keep. The leather and stone are a bit worn, but I don't mind having to figure out how to replace those. In exchange, I'll put in a practically new R-41, a practically full RazoRock P-160, a Stirling Ben Franklin pre-shave oil, some blades not represented yet, and a Gillette Knack from 1968 that is honestly not in very good condition, but shaves well. I might also want to swap out one of my soaps for one that is new to me, but I'll have to try them first. Does anyone take issue with any of this? I don't want to be greedy here, and I hope my puts satisfactorily compensate for my takes. Everybody involved deserves a great box.

I haven't gotten a response from the next up. How long should I wait before moving on to the next after?

At least a few days. When was the last time they posted on B&B? You might even look at their last few posts to see if they mention being away or something.

Worst case scenario, you skip them and then they show up, in which case we put them next in line.

DannyShow is up next and apparently has had no activity since November. Bummer, since he lives (or used to live) in my city, making the exchange simpler/less expensive, but given the huge gap in his activity, I'll hit up the next after him tomorrow. That's legit, right?

DannyShow is up next and apparently has had no activity since November. Bummer, since he lives (or used to live) in my city, making the exchange simpler/less expensive, but given the huge gap in his activity, I'll hit up the next after him tomorrow. That's legit, right?

Actually, I just looked at the list again, and right now I'm not sure who's next. Tony_M sent it to me, but he's listed after me. Some time ago I opted to be delayed when tclobaugh had it, and he must have sent it to Tony_M, who sent it to me. Can I get some clarification? Who is actually next?

Everyone since tclobaugh send me a pm and I will get the list straight. If you have skipped anyone let me know that as well. My computer is setting on my dressier but my charger is in a box somewhere. Don't ask me why. My wife might be able to tell you but then again she might not.

Ok here is the situation. A pm was sent to Dannyshow. He has not been active since last November. He replied and wants the box. My feeling is he needs to be put down the list further to see if he resumes activity. Obviously I am not the boss of this passaround, so what do you guys say? The optimist in me would like to give the benefit of the doubt. The pessimist though, remembers when 2 Boxes were lost at once. Also, could someone please paste the last list on here for me? I am doing everything from my cell phone. Thanks all, and anyone affected please chime in. We all have a say in this.

Here is the latest updates. If I have missed anyone please let me know.

tclobaugh - Current holder of the box.
OneShaveAttaTime
Enquerencia
Dannyshow
Tony_M
alexface
Eaaqas
Ccnati
Newb
AbbyW2
sskim3
Tigg
Floyd923
FoolishMortal
BoriRank
eeqmcxc
Billski
Chef8489
Sucker_Dad
Cgrater
Mreed
BikerBuzz0408
Nick_O - honorary spot on the list with imaginary green card.
ezcape49
J90900909
All new additions welcome to the waiting game.

There is ahttp://badgerandblade.com/vb/private...=newpm&u=92536 reserve list on page 51 of this thread.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...65#post6301765

There are some rules at the beginning (on Page 2), please take a moment to read them. Basically, keep 1 razor and 1 soft" item, if you keep a soft item it would be nice to put a sample in the box just so others can try that. Post reviews since that's most of the fun.

Ok someone with some copy and paste skills. I believe tclobaugh has had it as well as Tony. Enquerencia is current holder. I do not know about OneShaveAttaTime. Also Bilski needs to be removed by request. And lastly but not lastly (see what I did there) can we add kevinmyrhe to the list? I am not positive on the spelling.

By my count Alexface is up next. I have not sent a pm, but he appears to have no activity since February. I'll try him anyway, then eaaqas, whose profile I have not checked yet.

Top Bottom