What's new

Label Maker: Sick of nasty stickers on my soap containers (Grundtal Ikea)

Does anyone use a label maker of some kind to appropriately mark each container of soap you've milled? I'm sick of looking at my handwriting and cheesy stickers. I want to see the manufacturer's emblem on each one.

FYI: I use the Ikea Grundtal containers. I'd love to know how you do it :D

I don't use the Grundtals, but I've seen guys attach the soap label to the underside of the clear lid so it's visible through the top. I use a simple round tin from The Container Store and label each with a Brother P-Touch labeler.

$IMG_0914.jpg

I use a dymo label maker from wal-mart for my lock-ups. They hold up nice and don't seem to be bothered by water when I rinse the soap and container off when I'm done.

I just use blue painter's tape and a magic marker. Ain't pretty, but no sticky residue when the tape is removed. Another option is to use a label maker and put the label over the painter's tape. I just don't know how long it would hold up and I'm too lazy to get out the label maker to give it a go. Cutting out the soap logo and affixing it to the container with clear packaging tape might also work.

I use a P Touch. Works well enough for me. I live a long way from Ikea or I'd try the Grundtals.

I'm about to post in the BST LOL. WTB Grundtal cardboard cutout that's located between the lid and main container! PM preferred. Have a great day!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have an old school dymo label maker (the one with the thick plastic and you print the letters one by one). Works fine and reminds me of when I was a kid as my had was labeling (Still does) everything!).

This is what I use as well. At this point I only have a few, so I don't really need a visual reminder of the label which is Arko and which is MWF. Once I get new packaging, though, I'll be adding it. It looks way too cool not to.

Google the labels online, print the pics, cut them to size and Bob's yer uncle.

Fantastic idea.

I've been creating simple hand written labels using a strip of paper with double-sided tape on one side and regular tape on the other. They work relatively well but the ink will run a tad if it gets soaked. I put these on the visible side of the container, and if possible some part of the original packaging on the container's cover.

I use the Anchor Hocking 1 cup containers from Target. I cut the label from the box when i have it, and when its in good shape, but I got a DYMO label maker to use for the times I don't. Like you, I thought writing on a piece of masking tape with a Sharpie just looked cheap.

$IMG_20130907_085343.jpg

Top Bottom