What's new

What 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Q. What 'good stuff' (all 'Haberdashery' related items), are you waiting on to be delivered?
proxy.php

OK, I'll go first...I'm waiting on (
proxy.php
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting". Andy Warhol), a vintage 10K gold watch chain for my pocket watch. It measures 13½in and weighs 3 grams. It also is hallmarked on watch clasp W&D 10K and 10K on the fob ring. This chain appears to have minimal if any signs of wear and it has a beautiful chain design and boxcar link impressions on two sides. :thumbsup:

$chain.jpg $chain1.jpg $chain2.jpg $chain3.jpg

proxy.php
"[A pocket watch tells a story which is akin to the past and future]...which everyone reaches at a rate of 60 minutes an hour". Unknown Author

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Again for my 1936 Longines 14K pocket watch (as a anniversary gift [31yrs] the Mrs. bought me), I'm waiting on (
proxy.php
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting". Andy Warhol), a amazing and intricate link design (1860’s – 1890’s), 14K yellow, rose and white gold, ‘vintage’ pocket watch chain in absolutely spectacular condition! This piece is executed in alternate and extremely detailed links of rose and white gold, ending in a yellow gold spring ring at one end, and pivoting watch clip at the other and Hallmarked 14K on both. Watch chain shows superior fine metal design and craftsmanship and measures slightly over 13½ inches in length and 7.9 grams in total! :thumbsup:

$$(KGrHqZ,!qgFIbDgcQfOBSNgFkBWrQ~~60_57.jpg $$T2eC16R,!)YFIbms8FKIBSNgFy(ZLg~~60_57.jpg

proxy.php
"One must learn to govern time...not be governed by it". CBJ

Last edited:
Boris, don't you worry they will be up there! I also need to get pics from this past weekend from the wife for the new suit.

Ordered three custom tailored (made to measure) shirts today from Indochino. Too bad the wait is four weeks. I am looking forward to having shirts with proper sleeve length and less material in the arms. Too bad no one sells a 31/32 length in men's dress shirts. Being short is no fun.

Shirts include a classic wrinkle-free white with spread collar, light blue gingham standard shirt, and a 10 pleat tuxedo shirt with wing tip collar and french cuffs for my upcoming wedding. All three for $229.

Just received an RL fair isle sweater-vest and a pair of BBs corduroys. Waiting on a vintage (new deadstock) fitted Milwaukee Braves cap, a fitted Atlanta Braves cap,
and a pair of Adidas Marathon 10s.

Dr. Martens for life 1461 shoes. I wear boots almost every day and usually once they are off I'm too lazy to put them back on. That's were the 1461's come into play. I should be getting them in tomorrow.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I just received a very nice 1888 Elgin G.M. Wheeler pocket watch. This watch is a size 18 (a big & heavy watch [Winston Churchill 'turnip' size] :letterk1:), and measures 53mm across the front and the dial plate is 45mm across. This watch comes in a Dueber 14K gold-filled hunter case, boxed hinges and is quite heavy. The movement serial number is 3134172, is stem wind & lever set, 15 jewels, recently serviced and great runs ‘like a charm’. I'll use this this 'heavy-weight' as my everyday watch! :thumbsup:

$watch-1.jpg $watch-2.jpg $watch-3.jpg $watch-4.jpg

proxy.php
"[A pocket watch tells a story which is akin to the past, present and future]...which everyone reaches at a rate of 60 minutes an hour". Unknown Author

Last edited:
Nice watch and chain! I periodically think about buying a watch, but I probably wouldn't wear it very much, if at all. I just don't like anything around my wrists (I also do a lot of hand washing at my job). A skeletonized wall clock, on the other hand . . .

I ended up ordering a new pair of shoes (my first Balmorals as well as my first cap toes) and some ties. I've also discovered, to my surprise, that my black tasseled loafers are actually Florsheims that were made in Italy according to the sole. They may be 10 years old, or more . . . The edges of the soles do need some polishing, and they certainly don't have much cushioning, but I wonder if they are actually full grain leather as well.

Shoes (Jack Erwins)

$Jack-Erwin-joe-cap-toe-635.jpg

4 ties (from a $6 eBay special to a $50 Lorenzo Cana tie that "supposedly" lists at $225. Since I almost never wear ties, I'm surprised that I'm buying any. It's pretty easy to tell if I like paisley or not. :laugh:

$$_35.JPG$25c40bab67b1e66db0ddc44083f72546.jpg$511hEHRacDL._SX342_.jpg$51pdZVGYQkL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

Chris, how long have you been using pocket watches? I inherited one from my grandmother that my great-grandfather wore. I would love to get it restored, but am afraid that I would never use it.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Chris, how long have you been using pocket watches? I inherited one from my grandmother that my great-grandfather wore. I would love to get it restored, but am afraid that I would never use it.
Matthew:
I've never owned a wrist watch (other than deployments / 'field' [Army issue 24hr watch]...that would be close to 40yrs). :001_rolle

proxy.php
"[A pocket watch tells a story which is akin to the past, present and future]...which everyone reaches at a rate of 60 minutes an hour". Unknown Author

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'm waiting on a very nice, classic and hard to find 1939 Hamilton Dodson wrist watch that is running, keeping accurate time and is in very nice condition .
drool.gif

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting". Andy Warhol[/FONT]

It was serviced within the last year, a new crystal and new brown leather band was added. It is housed in a 10K natural yellow gold filled HAMILTON signed case by Wadsworth that is in very nice condition with only minor brassing on the corners of the bezel and it measures 1½in length (lug tip to tip), and about 1in wide not including the crown. :thumbsup:

The original dial is white with 18K gold numerals and gold hands, in very nice condition with slight even aging for a watch of 76yrs and the movement is 17 jewel, pendent set, grade 987A w/ a serial number #051936.

I've never owned a wrist watch (besides using a Army 24hr watch when in the 'field' / deployed), and I know...I know...I'm doomed...AD 'kicking-in'! OMG...first it's shaving stuff, then FP Pens and now...wrist watches. B & B...it's all your fault...I am 'so busted' (what am I gonna
tell the Mrs.?)!
proxy.php

$Hamilton Watch.jpg $Hamilton Watch - 1.jpg $Hamilton Watch - 2.jpg $Hamilton Watch - 3.jpg
attachment.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Time is what you read from a watch". Albert Einstein[/FONT]

Last edited:
Top Bottom