What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Now, I'm waiting on a Vintage (faux gold), Cigar Piercer in good working & cutting condition (although it needs a good cleaning). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
“He [cut] his cigar [with his piercer] and sat back at peace with the world;…”. Evelyn Waugh

Last edited:
-2oz tin of C&D Autumn Evening. I quite like GOOD aros...
-A tin of Peterson Nightcap. I want to compare to the 7+ year old Dunhill I have...
-2 MM Mini cobs. For those quick after work smokes.
-2 pipe nails. I like the Czech tools, but I like the idea of a simple pipe nail.
-A "Borkum Riff" labelled pipe lighter. It was $4.99...

That is from P&C. Should be arriving later today, and after work, I will most likely break open that Autumn Evening, stuff one of those mini's, fill the lighter if it needs it, grab a pipe nail, and get some relaxation going! :)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Gotta say, Derringer and The Virginia Cream both sound good based on descriptions and reviews.
I have a handful of tins of Derringer in my cellar already based on description alone...I just wanted some to smoke to make sure and see if I want to cellar more in the next C&D sale at SP. As for the Virginia Cream it's ingredients and description intrigued me...especially given that it's listed as an aro. I don't typically go to deep with aromatic blends, but this one might find a spot in my cellar. I love Virginia particularly for it's natural sweet flavor. If the topping isn't overwhelming then I might be in on this one.

I was minding my own business, just looking at eBay listings all innocent like. And somehow I ended up buying an enigma of a 'Canadian' pipe for not much money. It's marked 'France' and 'Algerian Briar'. The band is marked 'FP' in a diamond and what looks like to me like "DWM" on the silver band. The seller posits 'SilverKing', but I have no clue. Anyone with ideas please feel free to share.

I expect it to show up by the end of next week since the seller is on vacation.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This morning I learned that you can use the Pipes and Cigars IPSD 20% coupon code on their IPSD bundle deal.

So, I am now waiting on the delivery of an Erin Go Bragh Slainte T3 Tankard and a pouch each of Brigadier Black Alamo and Casey Jones Hero's Blend. As well as a brass tamp, a Stanwell pouch and lighter.

PEGBS-PF-1000.png

This morning I learned that you can use the Pipes and Cigars IPSD 20% coupon code on their IPSD bundle deal.

So, I am now waiting on the delivery of an Erin Go Bragh Slainte T3 Tankard and a pouch each of Brigadier Black Alamo and Casey Jones Hero's Blend. As well as a brass tamp, a Stanwell pouch and lighter.
I fell for it too. Stanwell 2023 pipe of the year, couple pouches of Sail, Stanwell pouch, Mixing Bowl and Decatur Reamer set all for less than $80 with 10% discount I had. Wouldn't let me use the additional ISPD 20%.

I'd been waiting for a sale, and I guess IPSD was the occasion. (The abbreviation sounds like some kind of syndrome for which there's a little purple pill advertised on MeTV.) So, I ordered a tin of Stirling Flake and one of Peterson My Mixture 965, plus some White Elephant pipe cleaners.

Ok, you all dragged me in. It's your fault. Expect to hear from my Social, Menu, and Financial Advisor re: the TAD breach.

Pipe Cleaners, Obsidian Oil, shank brushes, and, of course, a pound of Match 20 to obtain the Free Shipping threshold. Sorry Price, I need Match 20 more than I need Escudo.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
So, I ordered a tin of Stirling Flake and one of Peterson My Mixture 965, plus some White Elephant pipe cleaners.

Rattrays Stirling Flake? That's their equivalent of Peterson Irish Flake (I believe it is the old formulation, from before they swapped blending house) Strong stuff. Damn good smoke, but with your nicotine sensitivity, be mindful of what bowl size you pack.

Rattrays Stirling Flake? That's their equivalent of Peterson Irish Flake (I believe it is the old formulation, from before they swapped blending house) Strong stuff. Damn good smoke, but with your nicotine sensitivity, be mindful of what bowl size you pack.
Right; I'm planning a small bowl and maybe a seven-minute smoke at the outside. Probably I'll blend it with something milder like Capstan Blue or Luxury Twist Flake.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It's very rare I make a brown leaf spend these days, but when I do, it's for tried and tested stuff, that I'm 100% certain I'll enjoy.

100g of tobacco for the shoebox archives
150g of tobacco for smoking fresh
A Falcon shillelagh (which I won't be typing frequently, as I'm far too lazy to look up how to spell it too often)
Plus some pipe cleaners and vape juice

Top Bottom