What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

Do you have both the 15mm and 17mm Deluxe? They shave slightly differently. You need both.

If you already have both, stop hunting for substance and concentrate on beauty. The Gillette NEW Deluxe President is the Morena Baccarin of razors.
proxy.php

YMMV indeed. It depends on personal taste...

... for me it's "the Monica Bellucci of razors"...

:wink2::laugh:

That edition of the New Deluxe is gorgeous, I use mine daily and I couldn't live without.....Not pretty enough to post here after that work of art though.

I just bought a short comb from the bay. It has virtually no plating left, but a fantastic little shaver when paired with a GSB.

Expect Rabidus to comment postively on the the cap on your Short Comb - the squared standoffs. I like that configuration with a heavier, after-market handle. I have eight NEWs in rotation right now; each with its own handle. I have shown this picture of nine of them before, but I'll risk it again.
$9 NEWs.JPG

Tom

Expect Rabidus to comment postively on the the cap on your Short Comb - the squared standoffs. I like that configuration with a heavier, after-market handle. I have eight NEWs in rotation right now; each with its own handle. I have shown this picture of nine of them before, but I'll risk it again.
View attachment 669100

Tom
Nice! I'm going to replate the head in nickel and put a heavier aftermarket handle on it.

Any recommendations for handles that fit a NEW?
Handles can be hit and miss in my limited experience.

The fitment on the bottom of the baseplate varies in size. This may have been discussed previously in this thread, but later LCs (with the patent numbers) have a wider area and the top of the bar handle is wider to fit.

The SC and earlier LC had a smaller area. So there is limited space for handles to fit in.

All that's just to say that some handles may work and some may not.

For handles that look great, I think there are quite a few pictures of what people have used.

Hooked up to the NEWs in my pic (above) there two BRW handles, three Triads, one UFO, one AKASL, one Griest, and one SABI T2 with a Triad tail piece. All are good fits and do not need the washer fix shown by Rabidus. I have a couple of Weber handles and an iKon handle that would require the fix if I were to use them on most of these razors.

Hooked up to the NEWs in my pic (above) there two BRW handles, three Triads, one UFO, one AKASL, one Griest, and one SABI T2 with a Triad tail piece. All are good fits and do not need the washer fix shown by Rabidus. I have a couple of Weber handles and an iKon handle that would require the fix if I were to use them on most of these razors.

I typically use mine with my Razorock Barberpole handle. I'm keeping an eye out for something a little bit lighter, as the Stainless handle does alter the balance on the NEW LC. It's just about right on the Deluxe though.

Top Bottom