What's new

An interesting find

Last night I walked into one of the local Walgreens to see on the off chance if they had any wet shaving stuff, which it was just the usual suspects. I decided that while I was there to go and look at their pens to see if on the off chance they had any fountain pens, the last one I got was a disposable one I found in a Walgreens. I wasn't expecting much so I was surprised to find a Zebra V-301. Being left handed and knowing that the Zebra ballpoint pens work for me, at least for now, I decided to pick it up. I have decided to use this as my only pen from now until this next weekend and possibly post my opinions regarding it and whether, to me, it is lefty friendly or not.

'Grats on your new pen! Next you need a Lamy. Or maybe a Faber-Castell. Then Pilot. Or maybe a Pelikan. A Visconti would probably look good in that collection as well. And we can't forget the Franklin-Christoph and Edison Pens, good local makers.

Oh and don't foget your inks...

Cheers,

M.

There are other lefties here (I'm not one) and I'm sure there are threads you can search out.
Maybe you'll find some advice or recommendations.

Nice find and I hope it works for you.

I have looked at the lefty thread. I actually have my eye on a couple of pens (the Platinum Plaisir and the Pilot Metropolitan), and I have a hero I got off the bay but need to get bottled ink for that.

Hit up the nib wiki... there's a link in my signature at the bottom there is a link to a left handed thread where some of our south paws have discussed what works for them

I saw that at my Walgreens as well. By the way, my Walgreens does not sell ANY wet shaving supplies, including blades.

i asked the salesperson and she said they don't carry them anymore due to lack of demand.

I saw that at my Walgreens as well. By the way, my Walgreens does not sell ANY wet shaving supplies, including blades.

i asked the salesperson and she said they don't carry them anymore due to lack of demand.
Doesn't surprise me all I saw at this one was their generic (Studio) blades and some pucks of VDH; but this is how it is with most stores here where I live. Didn't know safety razors and traditional wet shaving was still around until I read about people stating Merkur and Edwin Jagger were some of their favorite razors on Lifehacker.

Doesn't surprise me all I saw at this one was their generic (Studio) blades and some pucks of VDH; but this is how it is with most stores here where I live. Didn't know safety razors and traditional wet shaving was still around until I read about people stating Merkur and Edwin Jagger were some of their favorite razors on Lifehacker.

They do have, however, about 7 thousand cans of Gillette Fusion cream. Just saying. Money talks to the big corporations.

A brief teaser type update, so far I have been enjoying the pen and have not had any real issues with it. I will see how this week goes, I know when I showed it to my sister Friday night and told her where I found it she mentioned having to check out Walgreens to see if she can find one.

Top Bottom