What's new

Warning: Total Noob Question

Wellp. Apparently I can't have even mildly nice things.

After a month and a half of daily use, my Pilot Metro slipped out of my hands and landed nib down on my desk. Both tines are bent and the nib is pretty jacked up.

Doing some quick perusing, it doesn't even look like getting a replacement nib is a cost effective option.

Bummer. :thumbdown

The metros do use the same nib as the 78G which you can buy for ten bucks shipped on the bay its about your cheapest repair option

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What I've been looking or that old geezers like us should remember is an ink bottle that has the segregated dipping well molded into the glass bottle. The last one I can remember see was in the '60s. Can't remember what kind of ink it was. With the cap on you could tip the bottle to fill the smaller compartment (well) then remove the cap and have a supply of dipping ink that didn't go all the way to the bottom of the jar.

It worked great.

That would be the Sheaffer Skrip bottle. I found one in an antique store for a few bucks.

Sheaffer moved away from those when they switched to the Slovenian inks ... I still regret that. Skrip blue/black was a great subtle color, and the ink bottle was a classic.

proxy.php

New & old bottles together.

Wellp. Apparently I can't have even mildly nice things.

After a month and a half of daily use, my Pilot Metro slipped out of my hands and landed nib down on my desk. Both tines are bent and the nib is pretty jacked up.

Doing some quick perusing, it doesn't even look like getting a replacement nib is a cost effective option.

Bummer. :thumbdown

Well ...

The metros do use the same nib as the 78G which you can buy for ten bucks shipped on the bay its about your cheapest repair option

... this.

Top Bottom