What's new

Pelikan Wanderlust

They encouraged pics and videos... ill be all over this with the camera when it comes

The pelikan box.... Its Coming !

They encouraged pics and videos... ill be all over this with the camera when it comes

The pelikan box.... Its Coming !
Oh yes! Lots of pictures posted everywhere. Twitter/Facebook #PelikanWanderlust.

They sectioned the entrants into regions where the applicant lives. They want everyone to put a sticker on the box from the city they live in so it looks like a well traveled steamer trunk. James and I live in kind of unique areas. Could have helped with the selection. They may have also chosen based off of what we wrote on the application which makes me wonder what I wrote because I don't remember. The email did give me goosebumps. :D

I chose the amber ink. I thought about the ruby or mandarin but went with the amber.

Doug, we supply the pen and paper. They want everyone to use what they want and write about whatever.
#stoked!

Oh yes! Lots of pictures posted everywhere. Twitter/Facebook #PelikanWanderlust.

They sectioned the entrants into regions where the applicant lives. They want everyone to put a sticker on the box from the city they live in so it looks like a well traveled steamer trunk. James and I live in kind of unique areas. Could have helped with the selection. They may have also chosen based off of what we wrote on the application which makes me wonder what I wrote because I don't remember. The email did give me goosebumps. :D

I chose the amber ink. I thought about the ruby or mandarin but went with the amber.

Doug, we supply the pen and paper. They want everyone to use what they want and write about whatever.
#stoked!

I completely half-assed the application. :lol:

I remember writing something that sounded great and I know I mentioned my vintage and modern pens... Other than that, nothing. I hope it gets posted and I can spot it. :)

#stoked!

They showed where the boxes are going ?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
You linked it to us and you didn't try?! You showed it to most of us! Or you mean you didn't mention your collection?

Yeah, I just wanted you guys to know about it, I passed on this information directly from Pelikan Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, Beate Boeker. That stuff really isn't my thing. My collection is more of a personal thing, I like to share but only a little bit.

Last edited:
Totally my thing, I felt bad for a sec seeing two of us who were neither Doug,.... now i can feel good about it, cept for our members who didnt get the email,.... Now i just hope they deliver it on a monday like im scheduled to be since you have to be home to sign for it, or they will skip you in the process

Thanks for the heads up Doug, this will be fun to get involved with

no this monday,... the dates they showed dropped on a monday whats your date ? wonder if i am sending to you or you me,... if its me to you that totally counts as a letter between us

I show Oct 07-Oct 13

Btw here is the email they sent,... minus my address and a link

Dear James,

Congratulations! You were chosen to take part in the Wanderlust Project, and we are so excited to have you with us! We have to say that your imaginative and funny and poetic and unusual texts just blew us away, and we would love to quote them from time to time (without mentioning your name!), if we may.
Due to the wonderful reaction of all our fans from all over the world, we found it extremely hard to choose the participants, that’s why we decided to send 3 ink bottles on their way (instead of 2). So all in all, we have roughly sixty stops all over the world while the inks are traveling the globe!
As every participant has one week to write the letter, the Wanderlust Project will take several months. According to the tour we have planned so far, your slot will start at 07 Oct - 13 Oct.

Please confirm that this time frame is fine for you and that the address is 100% correct and accessible for a delivery service. You will have to be at this address during business hours to accept and return the parcel! The exact delivery time and the pick-up will be confirmed with you via e-mail at a later point of time. If this time frame does not work for you, then it is possible that we will skip your stop altogether, as we are trying to avoid sending the bottle in criss-cross patterns. So please let us know if there should be a problem, as it is very important for the overall success of our tour! For delivery details, we might have to contact you via phone, therefore we would be grateful if you could please give us your phone number, too. Your data will not be shared outside the Pelikan group and the necessary carrier services.

Enclosed, you’ll find a picture of the box. Yes, it is quite large because it needs to be strong enough to travel the world, and it needs to protect the ink bottle from being broken and frozen. We would love it if you could find a sticker of your home town and would stick it onto the box (anywhere but the address area), so that when the bottle comes home, the box will look like a suitcase that has traveled the world. The box will be closed with a special seal, to make sure that nobody steals our precious Wanderlust bottle on the way. You will find detailed instructions inside the box how to fix the seal when you are done with your letter.
If you want to make a movie of yourself while receiving the box and writing your letter, feel free to do so and to share it with us on Facebook. We are so curious to learn more about you and your home town!

So, to make it short, what do you have to do now?
Please answer each of the following questions:

1. Is the time frame ok for you?
  2. Is the address correct?
  3. Please give us your phone number.
  4. Get a sticker of your town to have it ready for the box!
  5. Can we use the text you wrote in the Facebook-app when you applied (without mentioning your name?)*
  6. Please tell us which Edelstein Ink you’d like to receive as a reward for writing your letter. You can see all colors here: http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/de_DE.FWI.displayShop.106643./edelstein-ink
This is going to be fun and we are very happy to have you as part of the Pelikan Wanderlust Team! If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail address:[email protected]

Your team @ Pelikan

P.S.: We have created an extra Facebook group, where all our Wanderlust applicants (even the ones we couldn’t choose) can meet and find a pen pal – maybe you’d like to check it out and find a private pen pal in another corner of the world. This Facebook group will NOT be moderated by Pelikan; it is just a platform we wanted to provide to you to get in touch with each
other.

*This is the official legal text: “Hereby I grant Pelikan Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG (PVG), an assignable non-exclusive right to use my text, unlimited with respect to territory, duration and purpose. This right includes in particular, but not exclusively, reproduction, broadcasting and exhibition of the text, online and offline.”

e-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.pelikan.com

Pelikan Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, Werftstraße 9, 30163 Hannover
Sitz der Gesellschaft : Hannover
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hannover (HRA 24756)

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Pelikan Vertrieb Verwaltungs GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hannover
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hannover (HRB 51230)
Geschäftsführer: Torsten Jahn

no this monday,... the dates they showed dropped on a monday whats your date ? wonder if i am sending to you or you me,... if its me to you that totally counts as a letter between us

I show Oct 07-Oct 13
I'm November 21st through 27th or something. But that is subject to change depending on how long other people hold the box. And you can change address when it comes closer to your date so if you know its going to be a workday, ship it to work.

It is neat they ask if you write in something other than English or German to send along a translation in English or German.

I'm one of the yellow dots! $Wanderlustmap_zpsdae91c68.jpg

I dont remember, there may have been something about a school girl giggle in there though...

Looks like Im a yeller dot too

Top Bottom