What's new

Menthol shave creams.

Just curious, I'm a big fan of proraso green. Today I shaved with the tub, and love the menthol kick. I have no problem using this year round. Living in NJ the winters can be cold but that doesn't bother me I still use a menthol cream. So my question is are there any of you that use a menthol cream or soap year round or just in warmer months.

I use Proraso in the warmer months and change to non menthol for the other months. Also I feel the skin needs a change to maintain its sensitivity to the menthol.

I mix and match all products all year round. I only worry about following the usual wisdom if my skin demands it. In that event a day or two and I go back to mixing it up. If I followed seasonal trends my collection of products would drop to a few from considerably more. Never meet the definition of a shaving minimalist.

Winters are fairly mild here in Dallas, TX compared to the weather in the rest of the US. I use Menthol shave creams year round. If you would like a "colder freeze", try out Godrej Menthol Mist. It's good stuff and the tubes are about $3 and can be found in some Indian grocery stores.

mainly summer and every so often in fall. When it gets cold I lean toward proraso red. My Mikes Peppermint gets love all year round

Right now is the hottest I've ever been where I live so I might get the Proraso Green out tonight!

Its not hot hear very often so I just use my Proraso Green occasionally. Can't imagine using it all the time though, even if it was hot.

Just got some samples of QCS Iced Key Lime and Vostok.

These soaps lather excellent and are significantly more face-freezingly mentholated than the Proraso. That said, I would still use them year round here in NY

Top Bottom