What's new

Bic .Good News, Good News

Good news...
I sent my Bic disposable FP through the wash and it didn't come uncapped and writes as well as it ever did. Not quite as nice as the Varsity, but a decent disposable.
More Good News...
I've decided that I can't have nice things as I can't keep track of them so I will settle for cheap stuff and not have to stress about finding and affording good stuff or losing it. :lol: As much as I like the look of a Vacumatic 51, Platinum Preppy fits my life better. I've tried keeping pens just in my desk set on my desk or in my portfolio, but I get distracted and hop on the tractor and next thing I know they are gone.

Simplifying ones life can be liberating.

the first step to salvation, is admitting your short comings...

I am not ready for such things and continue to try...

You have a tractor ?, can I ride it if I ever find myself out that way ?

the first step to salvation, is admitting your short comings...

I am not ready for such things and continue to try...

You have a tractor ?, can I ride it if I ever find myself out that way ?

Work tractors. Everything from a Farmall Cub Cadet to a John Deere 5310. I will live vicariously through your search for the ultimate pen, content in my mediocrity.

Work tractors. Everything from a Farmall Cub Cadet to a John Deere 5310. I will live vicariously through your search for the ultimate pen, content in my mediocrity.

OoooOO Tractor ride!!! i call shotgun!!

its the search that's half the fun! I couldn't persuade you into something like a pilot metropolitan could i?

OoooOO Tractor ride!!! i call shotgun!!

its the search that's half the fun! I couldn't persuade you into something like a pilot metropolitan could i?

It was high on my list and I kept waiting for the B&M in the big city to get in their supply. Glad I waited. The lip between the barrel and the section hit my thumb at just the wrong point and it was heavier than I like. Really nice been for someone to to FP though and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I've still got an Ahab to torture myself with though. If I could get that to write reliably and had the nib ground it would be enough.

It was high on my list and I kept waiting for the B&M in the big city to get in their supply. Glad I waited. The lip between the barrel and the section hit my thumb at just the wrong point and it was heavier than I like. Really nice been for someone to to FP though and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I've still got an Ahab to torture myself with though. If I could get that to write reliably and had the nib ground it would be enough.

If your looking for something lighter and always writes, have you thought of the lamy safari? I know you can get one on amazon for under $25

If your looking for something lighter and always writes, have you thought of the lamy safari? I know you can get one on amazon for under $25

Probably not wide enough for him. Have you tried a Konrad yet, maybe with a Knox nib? They hold a lot of ink too.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just can't get past the "paper clip" design to even try one and it looks too skinny. A Super Sharpie has been my main writing instrument for many years.

Probably not wide enough for him. Have you tried a Konrad yet, maybe with a Knox nib? They hold a lot of ink too.

It is on the list but I refuse to be beaten by the Ahab. I am almost ready to open up the feed more. I keep bees so I have plenty of beeswax to close them up if it starts gushing like a firehose.

I keep bees so I have plenty of beeswax to close them up if it starts gushing like a firehose.

Off topic, but I would like to see a thread about your experience with bees, I always wanted to try that. Plus, when's the honeycomb pif going to happen? Love me some honey straight out of the comb. :biggrin1:

I know you do not want a higher priced pen, but a Lamy 2000 (if you are ok with the looks of it) might be the pen that works for you.
A good diameter, built like a tank, hold plenty of ink and nice nibs.

Also, have you tried a 51 at all yet?

Off topic, but I would like to see a thread about your experience with bees, I always wanted to try that. Plus, when's the honeycomb pif going to happen? Love me some honey straight out of the comb. :biggrin1:

PM incoming

I know you do not want a higher priced pen, but a Lamy 2000 (if you are ok with the looks of it) might be the pen that works for you.
A good diameter, built like a tank, hold plenty of ink and nice nibs.

Also, have you tried a 51 at all yet?

A 51 is on my wish list for when I do something deserving. A Parker 21 was my 2nd pen and the first from the wild. I liked the hooded nib because it didn't dry out as quick and the size was something I could have gotten accustomed to, but I think the previous owner used non-FP ink in it. No matter how many times I flushed it and fiddled with it tiny flakes of ink would randomly show up and clog the feed. I eventually put it on the BST and I think the buyer was just going to put a new sac on it.

Good news...
I sent my Bic disposable FP through the wash and it didn't come uncapped and writes as well as it ever did. Not quite as nice as the Varsity, but a decent disposable.
More Good News...
I've decided that I can't have nice things as I can't keep track of them so I will settle for cheap stuff and not have to stress about finding and affording good stuff or losing it. :lol: As much as I like the look of a Vacumatic 51, Platinum Preppy fits my life better. I've tried keeping pens just in my desk set on my desk or in my portfolio, but I get distracted and hop on the tractor and next thing I know they are gone.

Simplifying ones life can be liberating.

Less truly is more in this case.... Need an address to which to send your excess "good" pens?

Top Bottom