What's new

Derby Disappearance ?

I always liked the Turkish Derby cream.You can get at least 4 different scents that I know of,and Amazon has them for about $1.25 per tube,shipped free,when you buy a dozen.That's a hard price to beat,and a good utilitarian cream.I always considered the Derby Lux,from Hungarian Caola corp. to be superior though,being much more concentrated,and delivering smoother shaves.The scent is clean and fresh,with a hint of citrus.A cooling menthol feel on the skin,and great longetivity.Down to my last tube,I searched the usual vendors we all use,and to my surprise ,none of them carry this fine cream anymore !...I will keep searching,but so far no luck.Derby Lux is well worth the price,about 5 bucks,if you run into it.

Attachments

• $mirriam 042.jpg
    $mirriam 042.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 280
  • $mirriam 044.jpg
    $mirriam 044.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 276
  • $mirriam 045.jpg
    $mirriam 045.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 279
ah sorry, didn't realize you were looking specifically for the Lux... FWIW I've definitely never come across that one

Thank you VerbaVolant ! ...I see he carries Williams Mentholee as well....His prices are a little high,both the Derby and the Williams (reg. or menthol) go for under 2 euros on most European sites.Both of these creams are really top notch,can't understand why U.S. vendors don't stock them...

Last edited:
I speculate this occurs when shipping costs are higher than the costs of the product itself. Importers would gravitate towards products that can earn higher profits on the same shipping costs.

FYI I was in Budapest 2 weeks ago and visited many shops and didnt see a tube of Derby anywhere and I was looking for it also - not saying it wasnt somewhere there but I came back with loads of Barbon and German shaving gear but no Derby. Hope this is not a sign.....

Gordo007...I think you just hit the wrong spots,it's still being cranked out,and is one of Caola's best lines...you can see it for sale by googling Derby Lux borotvakrem.

Attachments

• $derby.jpg
    $derby.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 153
  • $derby3.jpg
    $derby3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 153
A few years back I attempted to contact company. After a few unreturned emails, I gave up. Not that I blame them, one guy sending an email isn't really the market they are after.

Thanks for the post, Malacchio.

I am sure I must have hit the wrong spots Malocchio ! But honestly it just wasnt very visble in the main places....ah well at least I found Barbon, Figaro, Florena, TOBS, Jagger, Trumper and more. Glad to hear it is still around as I want to try some.

Three years after this thread was started I'm down to the last remaining part of my Derbylux tube and I'm anxious as anything to receive my new back-ups!

Top Bottom