What's new

DR Harris Shave Soap - Item of the Week 6/10/13

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hello to all.

This will be the sixteenth in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.
The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The sixteenth featured item of the week will be DR Harris shave soap
. Starting Monday, 6/10/13.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I think this is going to be a good thread, as there are so many varieties of DR Harris soaps and sticks.

I tried to start with Monsavon last week and then first you came with Speick and now with D.R.Harris.......:001_rolle

I am tempted to join again though, it is just that my 'bol a raser' is getting angry.

I'm in! With Arlington at least. Maybe Marlborough, too.
I'm also waiting on the Almond. These are all sticks, by the way.

I would definitely participate but I don't have any DR harris yet! I was thinking about buying some with my next soap order, but I wasn't sure which scent to get. Any suggestions? I'm leaning pretty heavily towards Windsor.

Back for another IOTW! w00t! Got a tub of Marlborough I've been using pretty steadily for about a month while breaking in the B&B Essential....Looking forward to more shaves with DRH!

DR Harris is my soap of the year! I will be using my puck of Lavender for the coming week and hope to share some thoughts with you in this thread.

Does cream count instead of soap?

I tried the DRH Eucalyptus this morning, and has possibly my best shave yet. My first experience of a DRH product and it was incredible. I can only hope the other samples I've got are anywhere near as good.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
DR Harris is my soap of the year! I will be using my puck of Lavender for the coming week and hope to share some thoughts with you in this thread.

Sounds great, as lavender is the only DR Harris that I have right now.

I have Arlington in shave stick and soap in bowl form so I will be basically using the same soap just in stick and puck form.

I don't "think" I have any other scents stashed away but I better check to make sure....

I'm in with a sample of Marlborough. I have an unused full puck of Arlington I may break out as well.

I have Arlington, Windsor and Marlborough. I'm not sure if I will break out all three or just try and get through the Windsor that was a sample from Garry. Regardless of what I choose I know I will be in for a week of great shaves as I have never had an Arlington soap let me down.

I'm totally in for this.
And, waiting to hear if the creams are included?
Also, how about the toothpaste??!
Looking forward!

$harris stuff.jpg

I would definitely participate but I don't have any DR harris yet! I was thinking about buying some with my next soap order, but I wasn't sure which scent to get. Any suggestions? I'm leaning pretty heavily towards Windsor.

I love Windsor and would highly recommend you get it!! Great scent and lather is outstanding!!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Does cream count instead of soap?

I tried the DRH Eucalyptus this morning, and has possibly my best shave yet. My first experience of a DRH product and it was incredible. I can only hope the other samples I've got are anywhere near as good.

I'm totally in for this.
And, waiting to hear if the creams are included?
Also, how about the toothpaste??!
Looking forward!

I'll treat this the same as I have in other IOTW threads. While the main focus will be on soaps, if anyone has a DR Harris cream but does not have a soap and still wants to participate, I'm OK with that as long as it doesn't detract from the main theme. For instance, don't turn it into some type of debate (which hasn't happened yet) about "mine is better than yours", which I'm sure you won't do, that was just a quick example.

Top Bottom