What's new

Just got me a Weck!

You're probably right! Classic misunderstanding!

I will say that that even by the standard of disposable blades, the Personna hair shaper blades are wicked sharp (my dialect giving me away as a Bostonian.) I find them much less forgiving in my Sextoblade than even Feather DE halves in my Parker shavette.

So, I've gotten a Sextoblade and some Personnas and will be giving this a go some time soon.
Question: where do you store the blade in between times?
I have to believe you don't leave it in the handle, but what's a suitable holder?

My first outing with the Sextoblade was today. I had plenty of time and space -- my office gym is very quiet on Saturdays.
There is much to learn, especially using my left hand and getting used to the length of the blade.
But all in all, things went well -- somewhere between CCS and DFS, using the guard.
I did sustain a couple of weepers because I got greedy and stupid going ATG in one spot. I knew better but still did it.

Soap: LEA shave stick. Brush: Omega Bambino.

+1... I'm learning mine now too. Still haven't figured out how to get it working ATG on my neck, but I've managed a couple of good shaves in two passes. Cheers!

Outing #2 with the Sextoblade. Same brush and soap (Bambino with LEA shave stick). Results: CCS. I purposely did just two passes WTG, and so there was no blood. The guard remains in place.

Still trying to contend with how to use it lefty.

Outing #3 with the Sextoblade. Plisson synthetic with LEA shave stick. Again I stuck mainly to going WTG, but I felt more comfortable...quicker and defter. The results bore it out. I switched to a Slim for touch-up but I could have left things as they were and been satisfied.

I may give it a try without the guard next time.

I finally got around to trying the Sextoblade without the guard. I did give myself one small nick on the upper lip plus a couple of pinpricks, but that was the extent of the damage, and the results were OK. I did have to go to another tool for cleanup in some spots, though.

Today I came back to the Sextoblade without the guard for the first time after using it with guard a few other times since November.
The results: not bad, not great. Fairly close, a few pinpricks -- the worst being when I got greedy and went ATG on the soul patch area.

Soap: Speick stick. Brush: Plisson L'Occitane synth. Fun outing!

I will say that that even by the standard of disposable blades, the Personna hair shaper blades are wicked sharp (my dialect giving me away as a Bostonian.) I find them much less forgiving in my Sextoblade than even Feather DE halves in my Parker shavette.

I've never used a feather blade, but I can't imagine them being any sharper than the Personnas.

You're right they are "wicked shaaap" Right wicked guy (Mainer speak)

KJ, how many shaves do you get out of the Personna blades? I got a bite with my most recent shave on Saturday, though that could of course have been technique.

I have a sextoblade coming in early to mid week without a guard. Soooo if anyone wants to part with one pm me please. I might need to start with one....

KJ, how many shaves do you get out of the Personna blades? I got a bite with my most recent shave on Saturday, though that could of course have been technique.

I honestly don't remember. I usually switch my razors up so much that I change razors before the blade is done. Then I come back to it later. I don't usually keep track of usage, and just toss when the blade gives out on me. Maybe somewhere in the 7-14 range? Just a WAG really.

I have a sextoblade coming in early to mid week without a guard. Soooo if anyone wants to part with one pm me please. I might need to start with one....
Not many people would be willing to give up their guard, even if they don't use it. Plus, you'd have to make sure you got the right one. They aren't all interchangeable.

Plus, you'd have to make sure you got the right one. They aren't all interchangeable.

KJ, I know there is an OC guard and a Solid bar guard but didnt know that there were different types. Can you explain (or point me to) the differences?

I don't usually keep track of usage, and just toss when the blade gives out on me. Maybe somewhere in the 7-14 range? Just a WAG really.

That's where this one is...so that's enough to confirm my hunch and make me toss next time the Sexto's turn comes up.

KJ, I know there is an OC guard and a Solid bar guard but didnt know that there were different types. Can you explain (or point me to) the differences?

It's not that there are different types, per se. It's just that not all Wecks, or even all Sextoblades, were built the same. Some spines were thicker/thinner or just shaped differently. So the guard from one, might not fit another.

Well it came in today! Still has a blue in it. I guess it pulls straight out the front... Slides that is. Now some pics.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421798167.421885.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421798177.774770.jpg

Top Bottom