What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Well, turns out I'm returning it after all. When I logged on this morning I was in a hurry to see what they had to say, but something caught my eye, then slipped my mind until later. My order, which had already been shipped and received, was now listed as "Processing." A few hours later it was back to "Shipped." I reviewed my order, and they've already shipped the new pipe. I don't have the money right now to buy another one, so I have to send the other one back. Do you think they'll hold it for a couple weeks?:laugh:
You might still want to call to verify that - sometimes things can be listed in an inventory system as "shipped", meaning they have been taken off the shelf and placed in a box. If they have already sent out a replacement pipe to you, that's pretty awesome customer service.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
You might still want to call to verify that - sometimes things can be listed in an inventory system as "shipped", meaning they have been taken off the shelf and placed in a box. If they have already sent out a replacement pipe to you, that's pretty awesome customer service.
It's already shipped. I've been tracking it. They got right on it.

So my wife isn't much a fan of my pipe smoking, and as a result I generally only smoke when she's not around, or when I'm with friends.

I've recently found out that my employer is relocating us from Nova Scotia to Alberta, and for work related reasons, we'll be separated for a few months before she'll be able to join me there (I'll go in February, she'll likely go in April).

As much as I'm dreading us being apart for that long, I'm looking forward to enjoying my pipe more often while we are. I'm going to be buying a cheap-ish truck when I get to Alberta, and am already looking forward to being able to smoke while driving.

It's the little things, right? :laugh:

So my wife isn't much a fan of my pipe smoking, and as a result I generally only smoke when she's not around, or when I'm with friends.

I've recently found out that my employer is relocating us from Nova Scotia to Alberta, and for work related reasons, we'll be separated for a few months before she'll be able to join me there (I'll go in February, she'll likely go in April).

As much as I'm dreading us being apart for that long, I'm looking forward to enjoying my pipe more often while we are. I'm going to be buying a cheap-ish truck when I get to Alberta, and am already looking forward to being able to smoke while driving.

That will help soothe the sting of being apart at least, yeah. :)

Oh man. I dream of my own vehicle to smoke a bowl in whilst driving. Making the most of a less than perfect situation. Well done. :)

I know how you feel. I'll be going to America in August and the Mrs. is coming in December. :001_smile

On the other hand my family isn't too fond of my pipe smoking and will become a new nuisance.:mad3:

I know how you feel. I'll be going to America in August and the Mrs. is coming in December. :001_smile

On the other hand my family isn't too fond of my pipe smoking and will become a new nuisance.:mad3:

Ugh. I feel like a bit of a sissy, but I'm really not looking forward to being away from my wife for an extended period of time. I'm much happier when we're together.

You moving back for good Andrew?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

Sweet! You coming back stateside for good? Where you settling down?

Ugh. I feel like a bit of a sissy, but I'm really not looking forward to being away from my wife for an extended period of time. I'm much happier when we're together.

You moving back for good Andrew?

Sweet! You coming back stateside for good? Where you settling down?

Yup. My current company's contract is over at the end of July and I won't be renewing it. Salary is good for a single guy but not for a family; can do much better in the states.

I'm going to be moving back around the first week of August. Excited :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yup. My current company's contract is over at the end of July and I won't be renewing it. Salary is good for a single guy but not for a family; can do much better in the states.

I'm going to be moving back around the first week of August. Excited :)
People who can speak more than one language can be well paid in the right situation

I'm the same way. There's nothing sissy about it...you spend such a large part of your life with one person, sharing everything, leaning on each other, of course being apart leaves a depressing hole in your life.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I personally like the "mistake" shape better. lol
Then you'd be real happy with how it turned out (I'm ok with it, too). Got the replacement pipe today: same thing. They've obviously got the wrong picture on the site. But this time I'm not going to bother returning it. I still like the other shape, and I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get it, but I like this one too, and after all the hand-wringing about not wanting to return the last one, I'm not letting this one go again.

Then you'd be real happy with how it turned out (I'm ok with it, too). Got the replacement pipe today: same thing. They've obviously got the wrong picture on the site. But this time I'm not going to bother returning it. I still like the other shape, and I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get it, but I like this one too, and after all the hand-wringing about not wanting to return the last one, I'm not letting this one go again.

Sounds like a win for sure then. :)

How does Akina feel about coming here? How about her family? So soon after the big news, at that!

What kind of work do you do?

She's very excited. America will have less social pressures and I think she's excited to "let her hair down". Her father isn't too happy about her leaving but he does like me as a person.

I teach Spanish, and now Japanese. I don't know how easy it will be to get work in NY as a teacher nowadays but I would like to implement my language skills somehow. I've got the some but ain't got the how...:001_huh:

Top Bottom