What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hello everyone, recently joined B&B and found this section of the forums. Extremely excited to see others that enjoy some of the things that I do. Although I am not an avid leaf smoker I do enjoy the occasional Man O'War cigar. While I don't partake in pipe or cigars to often I do enjoy vaping. Please to meet everyone and look forward to talking to some of you!

Welcome aboard. The mods recently added a vaping sub forum that seems pretty active.

Found this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Dec...454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ed422c4e
(Mods, it's a completed listing, should be within the rules, right?)

Says: "Pipe Stand Holder. In Good Condition, No Cracks, No Dents, Felt Bottom, Comes From Smoke Free Home!"

:lol:

Seller has hundreds of (overpriced) pipes for sale and a few other smoking-related items. The pipes don't say "Comes From Smoke Free Home" but tobacco pouches and humidors do.

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
proxy.php

Ugh. I'm sick again, I think my drooling 3 year old nephew gave me strep. I haven't smoked in a couple days, and I have tons of stuff to try...Christmas gift tobaccos from wife, PIF tobaccos, eBay estate pipes I've been working on...

An ode to mason jars for tobacco and, most recently, for a Christmas gift of a case of Arko (had to buy the biggest jars that Ball sells in Walmart) and some Grandpa's Pine Tar soap:

(Note: If you don't like Neue Deutsche Härte or at least heavy metal music, this might not work for you.)

Die Krupps - Scent

My brain is haunted by this scent
It takes me back to a past event
It's like a drug that I need every day
I need to preserve it, have to get it my way

Forever I'll have this desire
This scent keeps me alive and fills my soul
Forever engulfed by its fire
This scent consumes my mind and takes control

The feelings I get when memory comes back
Gives me something in my life I lack
It takes me away to the place I seek
And my being reaches its highest peak

I follow the trail it leaves behind
Boxing it up is on my mind
Preserving this scent is my aim
I satisfy my senses, that scent must sustain

Last edited by a moderator:
An ode to mason jars for tobacco and, most recently, for a Christmas gift of a case of Arko (had to buy the biggest jars that Ball sells in Walmart) and some Grandpa's Pine Tar soap:

(Note: If you don't like Neue Deutsche Härte or at least heavy metal music, this might not work for you.)

Die Krupps - Scent

My brain is haunted by this scent
It takes me back to a past event
It's like a drug that I need every day
I need to preserve it, have to get it my way

Forever I'll have this desire
This scent keeps me alive and fills my soul
Forever engulfed by its fire
This scent consumes my mind and takes control

The feelings I get when memory comes back
Gives me something in my life I lack
It takes me away to the place I seek
And my being reaches its highest peak

I follow the trail it leaves behind
Boxing it up is on my mind
Preserving this scent is my aim
I satisfy my senses, that scent must sustain
How true.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Last week, while I was at work, my SIL was over visiting the wife. At one point she had a little trouble speaking and she couldn't grab hold of a French Fry. We wrote that off as a side effect of a new medicine she had to try to get rid of her sinus infection. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and stayed home from work. My wife was walking to the bathroom and told me she was about to fall down. I got there and got her to the couch, and she was having problems with speech. I took her to the ER and found out she had a mini stroke. There is a little brain damage, but there doesn't appear to be any impairment. She has had an MRI plus ultrasounds of her neck arteries and heart. We are waiting to hear the results, so I had to sneak home, grab a bite, and check on kids. Luckily I have family close by. The doctors think it will be an easy fix, whether they need medication or to go in and do whatever they do to the arteries. As you all are relaxing to a nice smoke tonight, please send her some good thoughts.

Dang, that's a bummer! My wishes are with you.

What new medicine did she try for her sinus infection? I am suffering one right now, a secondary infection in a chain-reaction from strep throat...and for the last couple weeks it was a secondary infection from a cold or flu or something, it was just about gone when my drooling 3 year old nephew gave me strep.

It's a good thing that they caught it early. They'll also be able to monitor it now to make sure it doesn't progress.

My father used to get a series of "mini strokes," but the doctors were able to get it controlled.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's a good thing that they caught it early. They'll also be able to monitor it now to make sure it doesn't progress.

My father used to get a series of "mini strokes," but the doctors were able to get it controlled.
Yep, caught early and no impairment. I think she will be okay now that they know what is going on.

Last week, while I was at work, my SIL was over visiting the wife. At one point she had a little trouble speaking and she couldn't grab hold of a French Fry. We wrote that off as a side effect of a new medicine she had to try to get rid of her sinus infection. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and stayed home from work. My wife was walking to the bathroom and told me she was about to fall down. I got there and got her to the couch, and she was having problems with speech. I took her to the ER and found out she had a mini stroke. There is a little brain damage, but there doesn't appear to be any impairment. She has had an MRI plus ultrasounds of her neck arteries and heart. We are waiting to hear the results, so I had to sneak home, grab a bite, and check on kids. Luckily I have family close by. The doctors think it will be an easy fix, whether they need medication or to go in and do whatever they do to the arteries. As you all are relaxing to a nice smoke tonight, please send her some good thoughts.
Thoughts with you and your family Owen, hope all turns out for the best.

Howdy,

Just wanted to properly introduce myself. My name is Rick. I have been smoking cigarettes regularly since age 18. I am now 57. The last 15 years or so I buy tubes and fill them with a dutch halvesware called sampson. I prefer it over machine made cigarette tobacco like marlboro and the like. I have some pipes but could never quite get the hang of pipe smoking. I always wound up with tongue burn no matter what I tried. I have a cooler full of cigars that I smoke every once in a while. I prefer cigars from Fidels workers paradise.
They have a certain twang to them like no others I have ever smoked.

Rick

Howdy,

Just wanted to properly introduce myself. My name is Rick. I have been smoking cigarettes regularly since age 18. I am now 57. The last 15 years or so I buy tubes and fill them with a dutch halvesware called sampson. I prefer it over machine made cigarette tobacco like marlboro and the like. I have some pipes but could never quite get the hang of pipe smoking. I always wound up with tongue burn no matter what I tried. I have a cooler full of cigars that I smoke every once in a while. I prefer cigars from Fidels workers paradise.
They have a certain twang to them like no others I have ever smoked.

Rick

Welcome aboard!

Amazing what a difference real pure quality tobacco makes in a cig vs the stuff they use from the large US factories. From what I recall, it's not anywhere close to 100% actual tobacco anymore, for all but a few select brands. They use some reconstituted filler stuff they created back in the 50's or 60's.

Pipe smoking does have a learning curve with it, no doubt. Maybe after perusing around here a bit, you'll be inspired to pick it back up and give it another shot. lol Do you still have any pipes hanging around?

Sending positive thoughts to you and yours, Owen.

[/QUOTEWelcome aboard!

Amazing what a difference real pure quality tobacco makes in a cig vs the stuff they use from the large US factories. From what I recall, it's not anywhere close to 100% actual tobacco anymore, for all but a few select brands. They use some reconstituted filler stuff they created back in the 50's or 60's.

Pipe smoking does have a learning curve with it, no doubt. Maybe after perusing around here a bit, you'll be inspired to pick it back up and give it another shot. lol Do you still have any pipes hanging around?

Yes I still have about 6 briers and a few MM lying around. I would post pics but can't seem to locate the cord that connects my
camera to the comp-U-tater right now. Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to qualify for my brown leaf tag soon. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to quote your original post in those little blue box thingy's. Not real website savvy yet.

Rick

Last edited:
Top Bottom