What's new

Katz Knife Mystery

Hi, gang. Here are some pictures of a Katz knife that I inherited from my grandfather. I have looked to the end of the earth for info on this knife, and have basically come up empty-handed. The knife is roughly 8 1/2 inches long from butt to tip. Also, the handle appears to consist of walnut,(?) coral, jade, and aquamarine. I could be wrong, however. It's a super-cool knife, and it will always be very special to me. I would really appreciate any extra information about it, if anyone would care to enlighten me. Thanks!

$004.jpg$001.jpg$002.jpg$003.jpg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Katz has only been around since 1991. Generally considered a well made, but somewhat overpriced knife. What info were you looking for?

you have a beautiful knife, congratulations.

Last edited:
Katz has only been around since 1991. Generally considered a well made, but somewhat overpriced knife. What info were you looking for?

you have a beautiful knife, congratulations.

Well, basically, I wanted to know what model it is, how many were made, What years they were produced... That kinda stuff. I've found pictures of a few that have a similar blade shape, but NEVER one with the intricate handle this one has. Even the ones that resembled it were not dead ringers for overall shape of the knife.

Handle could have been custom done... Any hobbyist can do stuff like that if they have the tools, patience and skill. Look at the straight razor forum and you will see more fun stuff or any of the numerous knife forums on the web.

Top Bottom