What's new

Ink Review: Senator - Regent (royal blue washable) - vintage bottle

Senator - made in Germany - Regent - Royal Blue (washable) 30ml/1fl oz (supposedly its from the '60-'70):
$senator-regent-royal-blue.jpg

I find this runs really smooth and wet .. took ages to dry, little smudges on 10 seconds still, although not as bad as the Parker Mocha (next review hint :laugh:). Will have to test it in other pen or try another ink in this one .. it seems to me that because it was easy running it made a thicker line. Nice blue for my taste.​

Attachments

• $senator-regent-royal-blue.jpg
    $senator-regent-royal-blue.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 66
Nice write up, and a great shade of blue too, the best enables are the ones that make people want what they cant have anyway lol well done Sir

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Cool old ink, nice review! To be honest, I'd be surprised if it wasn't made by Pelikan.

Could you please add a photo of the bottle for posterity? That would be great.

hmm what I could look up now that you mentioned .. it says that: "Senator is one of the brand names used by Merz and Krell, they also used the Diplomat name." This company is still alive today as well the first pen I got recently is a Senator Solaris (and they had a whole range in store as well, about 10 models).

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I have several nice Senator pens, the economical Senator Windsor is a good one but doesn't post very well, and another larger black one with three bands.

I have another older vintage piston-filler pen I was told was called the Regent, nice big pen with a removable nib unit.

I have several nice Senator pens, the economical Senator Windsor is a good one but doesn't post very well, and another larger black one with three bands.
I have another older vintage piston-filler pen I was told was called the Regent, nice big pen with a removable nib unit.

does the vintage has a "tail" to attach to it? well as I was looking for info on the ink .. that's the matching pen that goes in set.
$reg4.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member

does the vintage has a "tail" to attach to it? well as I was looking for info on the ink .. that's the matching pen that goes in set.

You could put the tail on mine but I don't have the full gift box kit, just the pen. Very similar to the Tropen Scholar!
Mine is green and black.​

$2013-04-28 20.23.28.jpg

Sorry I missed that part of the msg .. Here is a picture of the bottle .. on the bottom it says:

W 78 16
W Germany
30ml
1 fl.oz

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That's over 20 years old -- W.Germany!

Looks like a 30ml Pelikan bottle, thanks for the pic!

Top Bottom