What's new

Ink Review: Senator (royal blue - cartridge) Present day

Another one .. this time it's the Senator branded once more .. just instead of the vintage ink bottle, I'm gonna present the modern day made cartridge refill they have.
$2013-04-28 13.23.10.jpg
This Ink has the exact same color as the vintage one just a bit lighter. One of the advantages of the cartridge compared to the old ink is that it dries almost instantly (under 3sec - the vintage took over 10sec). There also was a difference with the water test .. the new one left a much paler imprint than the vintage one (bout didn't smudge just got paler).

p.s. as you can see above it took me a while to see that I had the Senator cartridge in the pen and not the Schneider one .. :closedeye

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
They are still active .. The Solaris I picked up is a new pen (and the cartridge was inside the pen .. like I said sample .. as for refills they sold me the Schneiders carts) .. as for ink they only have this on the web page
http://www.senatorglobal.com/en/set-president-1.html

they do have new fountain pens (I think all were cartridge except the President above) .. most of the Metal ones on their page have a fountain version .. but weirdly enough in Refiles they don't have any ink or cartridges.

hmm there was a bottle of Pelikan 4001 in the antique store :) I may pick it up .. (or be sneaky and go try some pens and write with that ink lol)

Last edited:
I added the Ink bottle picture in the previous review .. (even whats written on the bottle bottom) .. so someone may compare it with vintage pelikan 4001.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks for the link and information Goran! I was afraid they went out of business.

Top Bottom