Haberdashery Acquisitions

Dorfman Pacific Outback

Attachments

• $14387653474641419827228.jpg
    $14387653474641419827228.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 246
Allen Edmonds Park Ave from eBay for $21:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438822839.884468.jpg

The uppers are in mostly great condition although there are a few scuffs. Got a decent polish on them.

Needs new soles so I will send out to AE for recrafting.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438822944.982489.jpg

Should hopefully come back in really nice shape for a good bargain overall.

Those Park Ave's are in awesome shape for the price. Great shoes too.

I have a few vintage watches coming in soon. Pics to follow.

Yeah, I just saw another pair listed at $175 with soles in just as bad shape, although the uppers are a little nicer. Most of the used ones in this shape seem to go between $50 and $75, so that's pretty good.

There are a few tiny cuts around the shoe, barely noticeable until you inspect them. Not sure if that's from the leather drying out or wear and tear. Luckily around the sides near the back so rarely seen. But the uppers aren't too wrinkled.

Initially I thought the Park Aves would be kind of boring, but I actually really like the sleek look.

And now, someone help me, staring at a pair of Bleecker Streets off the Shoe Bank.

Yeah, I just saw another pair listed at $175 with soles in just as bad shape, although the uppers are a little nicer. Most of the used ones in this shape seem to go between $50 and $75, so that's pretty good.

There are a few tiny cuts around the shoe, barely noticeable until you inspect them. Not sure if that's from the leather drying out or wear and tear. Luckily around the sides near the back so rarely seen. But the uppers aren't too wrinkled.

Initially I thought the Park Aves would be kind of boring, but I actually really like the sleek look.

And now, someone help me, staring at a pair of Bleecker Streets off the Shoe Bank.

I love my Bleeckers. That last is difficult though. Most shoes I am 10D. I would guess that I am 9.5E or EEE in that last. I ended up buying 10E off shoebank.

Ordered them yesterday, so yet another pair incoming. I need to downsize soon, but I'm replacing all my corrected grain shoes with full grain, which is a good thing.

Here they are:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439483137.444363.jpg

In person they aren't quite as bright but they are handsome. As for seconds, I think the right boot has a couple small creases in the leather, the punch toe is creased a bit and one side is as well. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

Out of the box they are a bit snug and one foot is a bit cramped near the toe. They seem to be breaking in though. Very warm, will be nice in winter.

I have them kind of loose and they are new. I think as they stretch I'll tighten them up.

Also, unlike the Patriots, these guys have loosened up throughout the day and gotten more comfortable. I'll give the Patriots one more wear before I drag them to the AE store and see if they can stretch them out a bit. They said they could do that and hopefully there's no charge even though they are Shoebank items.

Last edited:
No pictures yet, but this weekend I visited the Allen Edmonds outlet in Destin Florida. I picked up a pair of McClains in Brown for less than $100 on clearance and a pair of Black Lexington Cap Toes in Shell Cordovan for less than $200. The salesman described the shoes to me as a "special" since the lexingtons aren't typically constructed in Shell Cordovan. Problem is I can't find any info on "specials" or Lexingtons in Shell Cordovan anywhere. The soles have the typical Horween shell verbage on them and the heels have the extra lift. Does anyone have any info on "specials" or Shell Cordovan Lexingtons? The price was too good to be true, so that's why I'm asking. From my eye I can't find anything wrong with the shoe, and they feel great already without being broken in. I've never owned AEs before, and am looking forward to many years of comfort and wear.

I haven't seen it anywhere, but they could have been a special order that was canceled. That's a heck of a deal if they are shell!

Very nice IMHO
proxy.php

ok. Here are the pics. Wrote the brown McClains today. Got bo th pair this weekend when I visited the Allen Edmonds outlet in Destin Florida. I picked up the pair of McClains in Brown for less than $100 on clearance and a pair of Black Lexington Cap Toes in Shell Cordovan for less than $200. The salesman described the shoes to me as a "special" since the lexingtons aren't typically constructed in Shell Cordovan. Problem is I can't find any info on "specials" or Lexingtons in Shell Cordovan anywhere. The soles have the typical Horween shell verbage on them and the heels have the extra lift. Does anyone have any info on "specials" or Shell Cordovan Lexingtons? The price was too good to be true, so that's why I'm asking. From my eye I can't find anything wrong with the shoe, and they feel great already without being broken in. I've never owned AEs before, and am looking forward to many years of comfort and wear.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1441068737479.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1441068737479.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 130
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1441068785674.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1441068785674.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 129
Great stuff! Those shell Lexingtons could be pretty versatile. I know people always recommend black cap toe balmorals, but to be honest a blucher might be a bit more versatile and get more use.

Top Bottom