What's new

Ink Review: Papier Plume - Burgundy

I know this isn't an ink that any of you will be able to run out and buy on the interwebs, but I wanted to post my first ever ink review anyway! I've had to wait almost a WHOLE WEEK to fill a pen with this bad boy! This, and one other bottle, were "day after my birthday" gifts from my wife while we cruised the french quarter last week. French Quarter festival is this weekend, and I must say, this Burgundy color suits the festival just fine!

Like OldSchoolYoungin, I'm beginning to prefer inks with much less saturation than most Noodler's offerings. This is one such ink. It almost seems like a homoginization of BSIAR, Noodler's Burgundy, and Noodler's Maroon. It writes WET, with almost a 20 second dry time on Rhodia. It does dry almost instantly on cheap paper, and the color is nice, but not much character. I hope to get some larger bottles of more offerings by Papier Plume, and when I do, you can be sure samples will be included in some PIFs/Traveling boxes.

$CAM00049.jpg

Alright im finally home at my desk,... Jessy you didnt have nearly enough fun with that. Wheres the water test, and you missed the qtip thing which is my favourite part, well to do I mean. lol The ink looks great but Id like to see more of it if you have the time, as I know nothing about that stuff at all, where did it come from again ? was that from the local place ? or the Bday ink ?

Oh I forgot, what paper pen and nib did you use just for that whole reference thingy ?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Hmmm ... Papier Plume sounds like quite an interesting little shop! I'll be dropping in there if I ever get back to New Orleans.

Alright im finally home at my desk,... Jessy you didnt have nearly enough fun with that. Wheres the water test, and you missed the qtip thing which is my favourite part, well to do I mean. lol The ink looks great but Id like to see more of it if you have the time, as I know nothing about that stuff at all, where did it come from again ? was that from the local place ? or the Bday ink ?

Oh I forgot, what paper pen and nib did you use just for that whole reference thingy ?

Oh good grief! I don't have any q-tips at my disposal here at work, so you may just have to settle for some dip pen stuff. I'll do my best to get a proper analysis done by the end of the day sir.

Tough crowd here...:ohmy:

Yeah, really... matter of fact, why don't you guys just get off your tails and fly down to NOLA this weekend. We can all go to French Quarter fest together, and stop by Papier Plume just before we catch the Battle of the Bands on the steps of the court house on Royal at 5:00 tomorrow!

Actually there are a couple of interesting threads regarding where this ink actually comes from at another place... I'm interested in seeing more about it

I have it on my computer at home but it basically goes

Its rebranded Diamine... no not Diamine the guy said a younger french maker... no not that he said he makes it himself... no the website says he bottles it himself

No, no one really knows but its a neat little mystery

I have it on my computer at home but it basically goes

Its rebranded Diamine... no not Diamine the guy said a younger french maker... no not that he said he makes it himself... no the website says he bottles it himself

No, no one really knows but its a neat little mystery

Just saw these conversations on 2 threads at the FPN. It's either Herbin ink, or a bulk ink wholesaler in France, or he makes it himself. Regardless, the general consensus is that's it's good ink and is "French" in some way.

I wrote a little with the Forget Me Not Blue and my Mitchell Italic (to write a reminder for someone in the office). Ooooo.....Me Likey!

Please forgive the shoddy lighting. I attempted to fix the highlights/shadows in picassa a bit. The paper should be white. The Very WET bold lines really do appear blackish/purple.
$CAM00054.jpg

Top Bottom