What's new

Need to Replace My Broken Razor

Gentlemen,

I need to purchase a new razor and would like some guidance as to which ones to consider. I started with a Red Tip which was great for a couple of years before my wife dropped it which resulted in the head breaking. I'm sure that someone could fix but I am not that person. I took a chance with my next razor and bought a Goodfella. I love the way this razor looks. I think it's beautiful. Unfortunately I dropped it yesterday and now it's broken too.:blushing: So now I need a new one.:w00t: I liked the Red Tip but felt it was sometimes a bit rough. While I loved the look of the Goodfella I didn't really like the shave. The open comb design felt strange and I felt that it was very rough. The razor pulled a lot. I could get a good shave with it but it took more work than with the Red Tip. It was also difficult to hold with wet hands. I would like something nice and smooth with a substantial feel to it. I'm all over the place with some of the razors that I've been looking at that include a Futur, 38M HD, Barber Pole, Weber Bulldog and some others that I can't recall right now. I know this is somewhat vague and for that I apologize. Any recommendations that you have will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wow 2 dropped razors and both broke.....try one of these Titan razor made from unbreakable stainless steel.
proxy.php

If you liked the red tip, but it was a bit "too much", why not try a flare tip (no painted color), which was the middle of the range when the red tip was current? The blue tip was the mildest of the three. They discontinued the "tip" lines when they introduced the Adjustible, which is another possibility for you. Get a "slim" adjustible, not an overpriced Fatboy model. And pad your shaving area with rubber <g>

How about a gillette slim? They are adjustable to you can tailor your shave. They are also readily available and shouldn't cost a fortune. Oh, and a block of alum for your fingers to make the razor less slippery.

Last edited:
B

BotSpanx

Wow 2 dropped razors and both broke.....try one of these Titan razor made from unbreakable stainless steel.
proxy.php

Agreed. Sounds like a stainless razor might be right up your alley. Above the tie (maker of the Titan) has a range of heads to choose from that vary in aggressiveness. I've recently had success with the iKon standard bar, although it's probably more aggressive than your red-tip.

The Titan looks fantastic but I'm not so keen on the price. Are there other Stainless razors that are more economical? Thanks for the replies.

The Weber shaves very smoothly, and the knurling on the handle makes it easy to hang on to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom