What's new

What is your favorite 22?

Really? No love for the Nylon 66?! First gun I ever shot, before I could even hold it. My dad would take my sister and I out to a a friend's farm, squat down and prop it on his shoulder, we would take turns just plinking until we were tired of it.
Still the most reliable 22 I own, shoots anything and everything without an issue.
I also have a Franchi Centennial which breaks down and is an outstanding travel gun. Unfortunately it's moody as can be.
As for pistols, I'm apparently rare in that I don't like Rugers that much. They shoot fine, but they are just an argument to deal with. They're a nightmare to take apart and they're really no nicer than any other "good" 22 pistol IMO. I'm really looking for a beatup old Buckmark for a decent deal, or an old Colt or Hi Standard.

Rifle: Savage Mark II
Pistol: Ruger Mark III Competition (I've only shot this one, a bit out of my budget but a fun gun to shoot)

Rossi model 62 pump .22 S,L,LR. It is a copy of the Winchester pump, but affordable for poor folks like me, they just plain work, are accurate, handy, and fun to shoot. They are not being made anymore in the short long and long rifle combo. But used ones are not too hard to find. My other favorite is a CZ 527 American. The most accurate 22 I have ever owned. It will literally stack bullets one on top of another on target. If you can see well enough and hold steady enough. I use mine to clip Mistletoe out of oak trees at Christmas.

only 22 I have is an M&P 15

proxy.php

My Synthetic stocked CZ 452, cut down to 14" barrel, screw cut and fitted with a SAK moderator. Perfect field rifle.

Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded with a Kimber conversion kit. At least it was when I could get .22 ammo and had time to shoot.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I have a ruger 10/22 in stainless scoped; Everybody should own a 10/22!
My Ruger stainless Single Six is my latest of many Single Sixes I've owned; It's the ideal outdoorsman's handgun.
$razors 056.jpg

My favorite is a Remington Speedmaster.

This is also my favorite. I got a speedmaster about 2 years ago and I love it. It is nice to have a semi that fires short, long, or long rifle and it looks cool with the little deflection shield on the side.

My 39A Marlin is hands down the favorite around this house seen center here:
The K-22 is a close second.

You have excellent taste in firearms Sir! My 39A was my first rifle. My K-22, (four inch pre-model 18, "Combat Masterpiece") was also a gift from my Father, roughly 30 years later. Both show their share of worn bluing, but shoot superbly. I would never willfully part with either, and shoot them every month at our informal competition.

Edited to add pictures, (the ones I happened to have):

$image.jpg
Springfield 1908 (inherited from my Wife's Father)
Marlin 39A
Crossman BB gun

$image.jpg
S&W 642
S&W pre-model 10
S&W pre-model 18

Last edited:
Ruger 5.5" Single Six in stainless steel. I find that the ideal accessory is a 10 year old kid, male or female. Or, your 85 year old father...

Jeff

Top Bottom